Newbie... Some Questions

cerebro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Ireland
Hi all.

this is my first new post. great forum by the way!

i have ordered Sky+ in ireland (south) and it will be installed in 9 days.
i live in ireland. i have been told by my call centre operator that i could receive Channel 4 as i already do with irelands NTL. although i would have to do so via the "other channels" option.

my questions...

1. is she right? will i get Channel 4?
2. can i get all these channels you guys are discussing on this forum? if not, then what equipment do i need before i can. i am especially interested in premiership football as i subscribe to the sports packs and prem plus.

any info you can give me would be gratefully appreciated. apologies if these questions have been addressed before but i am a complete newbie to satelite TV.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that you'll get channel 4, as that is the UK package, you will of course be able to see the BBCs and ITV though. The record function does not as far as I know work with "other channels".

cerebro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for your reply rolfw

So with a sky+ system and standard supplied dish I can only expect to receive sky's offerings.

to receive other channels not offered by sky, what do i need to do?

1. change my dish?
2. change my box?
3. change my card?

or all of the above!!!

what kind of money should i expect to pay and what results might i expect to receive?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im pretty sure C4, and C5 are blocked to Irish cards.

BBC1 & BBC 2 should be on the epg somewhere in the 200's, BBC3 & BBC4 are not on the epg, so will have to be added manually into other channels.

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
you can buy a british sky card on Ebay for about £30. Thats what the last one I sold fetched

cerebro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Ireland
Thanks a lot guys for your help.