Newbie to Dreambox

mounsog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s with Gemini. Only the standard CAMs installed
My Location
South West UK
Hi all,

I am brandnew to the Dreambox world and have just aquireds a DM500s from the middle east. It has the Gemini image installed on it and not much else. I want to get it set up to use in the UK instead of a Sky digibox and am looking for the general idiots guide on how to do this with the best way of using a sky card in the onboard card reader etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the relevant cam or emulator to allow the box to read the card and decrypt the channels number one, secondly, accept the updates and finally, the really idiots guide on how to set it all up...lol

Thanks for your help in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum mounsog

Well I can see you managed to post in the correct section, therefore I am puzzled as to why you did not find the information that is here on the forum it includes all stickies and FAQ's click here to jump to their, for the future use the forum jump window down near the bottom of the page on the right

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
mounsog said:
Hi all,
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the relevant...... the really idiots guide on how to set it all up...lol

Welcome to the forum, mounsog. How about you try the ermm whatsisname ermmmm Idiot Guide we have here in the dreambox section? Not just the correct name but alsojust what you're looking for :)

TG

P.S. Try also our excellent search function!