newbie What is ?

bluedoze

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
many Computers, looking for STB
Hello all,

I'd like to know what's Matrix Reloaded/Revolution CAM, and what the usage for it ?

I see that it's very popular all over STB owners, but still don't know its usages.

Thanks.
Bluedoze

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
bluedoze said:
Hello all,

I'd like to know what's Matrix Reloaded/Revolution CAM, and what the usage for it ?

I see that it's very popular all over STB owners, but still don't know its usages.

Thanks.
Bluedoze

So as not to baffle you with science, I'll put it simply. Satellite providers encrypt their transmissions to be able to sell TV packages and digiboxes. You can buy a free to Air digibox that will pickup almost any channel broadcast, but you will not be able to see them because of the providers encryption. Now introduce a Matrix cam, this device with the help of fellow satellite enthusiasts who write codes that can de-crypt, opens the channels and hey presto all is revealed. The matrix cam can be re-programmed as often as you like with a piece of equipment called a Cas 2 interface or simply with the remote control from the digibox if its only a code change.
Best thing to do is find someone near you to show you all about it.

bluedoze

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satslut said:
The matrix cam can be re-programmed as often as you like with a piece of equipment called a Cas 2 interface or simply with the remote control from the digibox if its only a code change.
Best thing to do is find someone near you to show you all about it.

Thank you very much for your reply.
but what does the CAS 2 interface connects to ? is it a computer ? what type of ports ?

Thanks again.
Bluedoze

dmgp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Superjack positioner, VU+Duo,Eagle, 1.2 Wineguard mesh dish
My Location
Berks
The CAS interfaces connect to a PC and the CAM. Some laptops will allow the re-programming of the CAM with an update file (.UPD) via the PCMCIA slot. This takes 45 seconds rather than 45 minutes !

r_u_crazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 + Matrix Reloaded CAM
Win XP
I don't know anyone who programmed Matrix Cam via PCMCIA slot on a laptop.
If someone succeeded please inform me.
I have installed the cam on my laptop with great difficulties and still having problems and errors when downloading mrv221.upd to the Matrix Cam (using loader 1.3)

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Works fine on some laptops, was fine on my old Compaq Presario, have done it with a PCI to PCMCIA adaptor on my desktop as well.

bluedoze

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
rolfw said:
Works fine on some laptops, was fine on my old Compaq Presario, have done it with a PCI to PCMCIA adaptor on my desktop as well.

Is there a defined criterea for the CAM to work the PCMCIA or not ?
also what's the type of the PCMCIA adapter you used ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I used the one from Maplin, but when it was on special at £7.99, i believe that the newer version is more than £30. I believe that the slot needs to be 16bit and not 32 for the older CAMS.