NEWCAMD 604: can we get rid of the shell information?

My Satellite Setup
DM7000
My Location
Belgium
is there a way i can get rid of the box popping up each time i change channel? u know the one with the info about the channel, provider, SID... etc.? it does contain usefull info but not for a regular use of the TV.

sputnick

My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
I guess you're talking about PLI image, indeed, it works on my nervs aswell, hope someone knows how to fix it.

JTA

My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
how about by changeing the newcamd config file ?
look for the OSD = line, and change to OSD=0. This will de-activate the popup window when changeing channels. (might also be OSD=none, depending on the version of newcamd, don't know by heart, but should be documented in the config file).

sputnick

My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
On my way, thx

sputnick

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
LOL, just update c*ms and no pop-up screen anymore, dont know were it went. All ch*nnels cleared again, no problems what so ever.

sputnick

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
The damn pop-up screen is back.

sputnick

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Not sure about where to find inf file, I'm at var/bin : there is a binary file newcamd and camd3. I guess those are config files for cams. Notepad wont do the job, guess it needs some software to right open that file.

JTA

My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
why don't you download & install the newcamd config editor ? That way you can edit the file straight from the blue button.
As for the location, I'm not sure and I'm not at home, but isn't it /var/tuxbox/sccs (or /var/tuxbox/config). I'll have a look this evening. And yes, you need a unix editor to modify that file, the easiest way is to use DCC from a pc connected to your dreambox, or by using tuxbox commander on the dreambox itself.

sputnick

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Thx JTA, help a lot, all ok now .... :)