NewcamD V5.25 with TPeeS out.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Go for it, but if upgrading manually beware - it's not just a simple newcamd file swap-out.

This from the readme :-

newcamd v5.25
newcamd: tpscrypt2 - you need a new libcrypto.so.0.9.7, available in this
archive, if you do not upgrade libcrypto.so.0.9.7, newcamd will crash when
trying to decrypt T*S
all binaries: protocol change (for details see protocol.txt) for future
enhancements, please switch all binaries at once to their new versions
newcamd, cardserver, cardspider, betad, radegast, camdcmd.

So be carefull.

I'll update the V5.24 upgrade guide when I get a chance. :)

Available at Toes etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strangely enough, i tried to replace libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and it wouldn't let me, nor delete it, nor rename it, so gave up on the task. But then it was not where the readme said it would be on Black Tiger, so I guess it is a different setup.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm running BT, so I'll let you know how I get on. I think you can put it in the lower level dir as well.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
I'm running BT, so I'll let you know how I get on. I think you can put it in the lower level dir as well.
I'm traveling so I cant get at my system till after midnight.
When d/loading new versions of softcams using Hydra buttons, the new version normally auto replaces the old one. Has anyone tried this? i.e. does Newcamd 5.25 appear in the list of downloadable cams?

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
haggard said:
When d/loading new versions of softcams using Hydra buttons, the new version normally auto replaces the old one. Has anyone tried this? i.e. does Newcamd 5.25 appear in the list of downloadable cams?
yes - 5.25 is there

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:

Upgraded 2 x 5620s yesterday. downloaded latest control panel, Installed & unpacked ok. Rebooted. Still the old control panel there. Downloaded Marys keys again and all the channels cleared. Did not see newcamd 5.25 there. Although it wouldnt come up as the latest control panel did not load. I will proball have to do a reflash again, but decided not to as newcamd 5.24 opens all including t*s at the moment.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
rolfw said:
Strangely enough, i tried to replace libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and it wouldn't let me, nor delete it, nor rename it, so gave up on the task. But then it was not where the readme said it would be on Black Tiger, so I guess it is a different setup.
BGonaSTICK said:
Yes m8. BT3 has it's libcrypto file a level higher (and it's a lot bigger!) but you can just create a /lib directory under /var (i.e. /var/lib :rolleyes: ) and stick the new one from the package into there (... and leave the old one as it is).

Make sure that you copy across ALL the new program files into /bin and 755 them. You will also need the new tpskrypt file from Toes.

Working a treat :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cheers mate, will give it a try later. :)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
racingclubuk said:
yes - 5.25 is there

hmmm
quick flash erase on Hydra_Lucien to clear the decks,
d/load latest control panel
and newcamd 5.25 does not appear in the list of downloadable softcams.
Looks like an ftp hand job - good incentive to perfect the technique on softcams.
Incentive not to do it just yet is that camd3 (v3.674) is in the list and will clear all TPeeS.

We never get chance to pass on accolades directly to the guys who write these softwares, so if anyone knows anyone who does: hats off.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
haggard said:
hmmm
quick flash erase on Hydra_Lucien to clear the decks,
d/load latest control panel
and newcamd 5.25 does not appear in the list of downloadable softcams.
Looks like an ftp hand job - good incentive to perfect the technique on softcams.
Incentive not to do it just yet is that camd3 (v3.674) is in the list and will clear all TPeeS.

We never get chance to pass on accolades directly to the guys who write these softwares, so if anyone knows anyone who does: hats off.
Its def. in the list for my Angharad (& in the Hydra News section)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
racingclubuk said:
Thnx for that racing.
Its clear that it has more than Lucien.
Interesting, when looking for updates to image using the remote button, it says Angharad contains no new features compared to Lucien. . . .
I'll be taking a look at Angharad before w/e and this is an incentive to do it sooner rather than later.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
haggard said:
Thnx for that racing.
Its clear that it has more than Lucien.
Interesting, when looking for updates to image using the remote button, it says Angharad contains no new features compared to Lucien. . . .
I'll be taking a look at Angharad before w/e and this is an incentive to do it sooner rather than later.
I've yet to install it mind - I'm just running the latest mgcamd which seems to do everything for me.

alaa-m

Reaction score
My Location
Spain
hi,
I can't get xxl (absat) on hotbird, I entered the last S*ca keys correctly under provider ID=0025, but it still scrambled! Can anyone help me with this please! many thanks in advance.

regards

Please post your question in the S£CA section. This thread is dealing with NewcamD and TPSCrypt2.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
racingclubuk said:

downloaded it this morning it was in the latest panel on 7000.