RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
just FTPed ver 5.26 over, and it opens nowt :(

the archive i downloaded had loads of files in it, i transferred all of em, as i didnt know which one to send

i must be doing something wrong, some people are saying its opening more than scam now?? including sly/n*g*a

can someone point me in the right direction please :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hard to diagnose your prob from that, but I can confirm that it opens everything you'd expect it to (SI D+ Cyf+ T*S Nag etc.)

And it's rock steady, as you'd expect from the 'camd boys.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
just FTPed ver 5.26 over, and it opens nowt :(

the archive i downloaded had loads of files in it, i transferred all of em, as i didnt know which one to send

i must be doing something wrong, some people are saying its opening more than scam now?? including sly/n*g*a

can someone point me in the right direction please :)

My manual transfer was a disaster as well, Had to do it auto. Must have left something out of my notes. What did you transfer?? so i can cross check with mine.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
Copied newcamd.conf to /var/tuxbox/config
Copied lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 to /var/lib
Copied keylist, rsakeylist, ppua, tpscrypt, priority, mappings, nagra*.bin to
/var/scce

as it mentioned in the readme??

i was thinking of upgrading to Zeus, but its the whole messing with my motor settings and all that again that puts me off.
apart from the updates, my system is running better than it ever has.
my settings are backed up with FWP, just wish there was a way of putting a new image on and just sending all my settings over the new image.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Your first mistake was to copy over newcamd.conf. You could have left your old one. The new one is a dummy, and needs serious editing to make it work.

Secondly, the libcrypto could well stop your other cams working (as it's shared by many cams) as the newcamd release is newcamd specific.

Also, the keylist, rsakeylist, ppua and tpscrypt files in the official package are dummy, and contain no keys.

Read my newcamd V5.25 guide. It has all this info in.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
Copied newcamd.conf to /var/tuxbox/config
Copied lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 to /var/lib
Copied keylist, rsakeylist, ppua, tpscrypt, priority, mappings, nagra*.bin to
/var/scce

as it mentioned in the readme??

i was thinking of upgrading to Zeus, but its the whole messing with my motor settings and all that again that puts me off.
apart from the updates, my system is running better than it ever has.
my settings are backed up with FWP, just wish there was a way of putting a new image on and just sending all my settings over the new image.

* Red Devil
Open up flash wizzard. Go into configuration & utilitys. Click on receive and save dreambox settings. It will say saved into my last settings folder. (thats the folder in flash wizzard). Now download the Zeus image onto desktop. unpack. Then go into install a firmware into flash memory. ( in flash wizzard). Click go to standby mode before installing. Open folder to where you saved Zeus (desktop) Then a folder comes up to say do you want to install Hydra zeus. Press yes and its installed within 2 mins. Do the usual set up install and set up communications panel again.
To put your settings back on go back into configuration & utilitys. Press settings back up and restore. Go to the folder flash wizard, then go into my last settings, double click on satellites, then click send all settings now. Thats it simple. done it on 2 boxes last night. No problems. Then download the latest panel, newcamd 5.26 and scam 2.3 there and marys 2/1 there too.
Go for it and lets know how you get on. It should take about 15/20 mins in total.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
Your first mistake was to copy over newcamd.conf. You could have left your old one. The new one is a dummy, and needs serious editing to make it work.

Secondly, the libcrypto could well stop your other cams working (as it's shared by many cams) as the newcamd release is newcamd specific.

Also, the keylist, rsakeylist, ppua and tpscrypt files in the official package are dummy, and contain no keys.

Read my newcamd V5.25 guide. It has all this info in.

* BGonaSTICK
Put Rsakeylist file in to var/scce Chmod to 755
Newcamd.ppc renamed to newcamd in var/bin Chmod to755
File betad.dream renamed betad to var/bin chmod to 755
Liberto.so.097 to var/lib chmod to 755
Cardserver.dream renamed to cardserver to var/bin Chnod to 755
Newcamd.conf to var/tuxbox/config
Cardserv.cfg to var/tuxbox/config.
Also I have written down init to Var/etc chmod to 755, but could not find this file.
Where did I go wrong.

**********After writing this went back into idiots guide, couldn`t find it yesterday because i never turned over to page 2. Well its for idiots isnt it, What about CLOWNS.....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, are you fixed up now m8?

The Hydra Internet update images store the files in different directories, and I didn't document that as nearly all Hydra users use the auto-download function.
Also the Libcrypto issue is resolved, as the Hydra team roll up all the stuff needed by the various cams into one file. I find that NewcamD and SCAM work fine with just the NewcamD delivered file though.

File defs still hold true though from the guide and a lot can be learned in general.

A simple NewcamD bin file (and S2 file?) and key update should get you going.

Good news about Sly Sports eh?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL, are you fixed up now m8?

The Hydra Internet update images store the files in different directories, and I didn't document that as nearly all Hydra users use the auto-download function.
Also the Libcrypto issue is resolved, as the Hydra team roll up all the stuff needed by the various cams into one file. I find that NewcamD and SCAM work fine with just the NewcamD delivered file though.

File defs still hold true though from the guide and a lot can be learned in general.

A simple NewcamD bin file (and S2 file?) and key update should get you going.

Good news about Sly Sports eh?

Spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to update the cam, Got fed up and lucky enough the hydra zeus was out for the 5620, Loaded it up and no problems. Deleted sly sports because thought we would never see them again. doing a trans pon edit now.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
sorry if im missing something here lads ....

but why not just get it from the hydra control panel ?

pant

Reaction score
For the users without hydra zeus and trying to upgrade newcamd from previous versions to 5.26 only have to delete the old newcamd.ppc file from var/bin and replace it with the new one without reneme it and change the properties to 755 and ofcourse the latest keys.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
wallycharlo said:
sorry if im missing something here lads ....

but why not just get it from the hydra control panel ?

Wasnt available on the hydra angharad only the latest hydra image.(zeus)

****sorry pant did`nt see your reply************

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
John_Graydon said....Go for it and lets know how you get on. It should take about 15/20 mins in total.

ip opened FWP and backed up my setting like you said

then i went to h**p://www.dreambox.net.au/firmware.php and downloaded hydra7000_zeus_108_2 it wasnt rared up or anything so i didnt need to open it :)

installed the image using FWP watched the TV (making sure the kids didnt play with the remote :) ) saw the new zues flsh screen come on... set up the pal, complex and communications. got the successful message and the time 2 mins 6 seconds :)

went to my backups and restored my original settings.... done successful

went and installed the latest contol panel and installed scam 2.3c went to download marys... ERROR! ummmm
tried to look at a channel, nothing?? went and looked in motor setting??? my worst nightmare!! about 30 satellites all gone :(

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
ip opened FWP and backed up my setting like you said

then i went to h**p://www.dreambox.net.au/firmware.php and downloaded hydra7000_zeus_108_2 it wasnt rared up or anything so i didnt need to open it :)

installed the image using FWP watched the TV (making sure the kids didnt play with the remote :) ) saw the new zues flsh screen come on... set up the pal, complex and communications. got the successful message and the time 2 mins 6 seconds :)

went to my backups and restored my original settings.... done successful

went and installed the latest contol panel and installed scam 2.3c went to download marys... ERROR! ummmm
tried to look at a channel, nothing?? went and looked in motor setting??? my worst nightmare!! about 30 satellites all gone :(

Dont really know why marys wont d load, Did you set communication panel ip. Check add on manager. see what percentage you have left.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
john_graydon said:
Dont really know why marys wont d load, Did you set communication panel ip. Check add on manager. see what percentage you have left.

You should have 51% space in add on manager when its loaded. then it uses 15% for scam, 15% for marys & 15% for newcamd. total 96% so it should be ok. Try a reflash again. Your settings should be ok. You seemd to have done everything ok. But sometimes things dont work out right and you have to do it again. Going to reflash mine again just to see did I leave anything out.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
i have set the hard drive up, i now have loads of space :)
i have now programmed in 19.2e, 13e, 28.2e so far and can confirm
there working including the ones already mentioned :)
will continue programming in my sats
cheers john

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
i have set the hard drive up, i now have loads of space :)
i have now programmed in 19.2e, 13e, 28.2e so far and can confirm
there working including the ones already mentioned :)
will continue programming in my sats
cheers john

Thats good, But you shouldnt have to programme in your sat in. It should have saved in your last settings folder.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
well it didnt Grrrrrr...

wonder why it didnt then??

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Settings and stuff can be incompatable between Enigma versions.

Not a lot of help when it comes to upgrading!

Not always the case though.

What version were you on?