Newsgroups download fault?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Since joining, I've also been "posting" to the newsgroups, using your server download facility. My posts were made in the satellites co uk newsgroups "section", and appeared along with the actual newsgroups posts, so i assumed they were automatically being sent across, as claimed.

While this website was offline, during the "silence" today, I entered the newsgroups directly, and discovered that none of my posts had ever gone there.

I spent a lot of my time giving specific answers to many questions. All wasted!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, but it appears that for some reason the posts are not being accepted or received, Chris will I'm sure look into it for you.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Thanks for reply. Yes, had to be something like that. No doubt correct "script" is there, but doesn't get "triggered" (not exactly unknown, on some famous software brands!).

However, I don't think you should advertise a facility that's not there! Was it ever tested?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know spiney, Chris will be online later, so I'm sure will reply. :)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
well, i'll wait for the reply. Meanwhile, I'd advise everyone not to use this method of newsgroup "posting" (since it doesn't work).

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have made them all read only and noted the same.

Chris is having internet connection problems, so it may take him a while to sort out, I have to confess that I prefer it read only.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Then why does it still say .... "you can post" ........ ?

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Sorry mate, i had to turn off the Newsgroup posting a few months ago due to spammers flooding adverts to the Newgroups using forum software like ours. I could'nt take the risk of this site getting blacklisted.

Many thanks for pointing out the "you can post" message i have now updated it and sorry again for any inconvenience.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
i'm still annoyed about this, because (as above) i "posted" for 2 months, answering many newsgroup enquiries in some detail, not realising that my "posts" were going nowhere! True, there were no direct replies, but also no reason to expect any, so the fault wasn't obvious!

However, the official position has now been made clear, and instructions for the newsgroups section ammended accordingly, so thanks.

(added) i think i know the ads you mean, "Jesus saves" type stuff ??