next new BskyB card arriving?

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
hi there i am not posting herre often i just heard that just after year and bit BskyB is prepairng to next cards change does any one heard what it will be? some caid? their point is to use those card only in their official sky boxes does it mean = CI+ cards only or stronger pairing? i got this news from non UK ppl which are subscribers i am also non Uk and using only freesat card coz they dont have pre paids @ all

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I really doubt that after such a short period of time on this latest card, what is your source?
Hopefully you will not say 'someone at the pub last night'

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There has been no news from any official source that Im aware of that theres another card swap coming.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Sky Italia are testing NDS4, they were the first to move to NDS3. Perhaps what you have heard concerns that rather than Sky UK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STBs = Ultimo4K, VUDUO2, VuSolo2, Alien2, AzBox HD Elite, ET8000:
Dishes = 180cm PF, 80cm offset, 60cm offset, Sky mini:
LNBs c120 for PF dish = Ku-Band White Smart Titanium (modified to c120)
and for C-Band Titanium C1W-PLL
My Location
UK
Rick said:
Sky Italia are testing NDS4, they were the first to move to NDS3. Perhaps what you have heard concerns that rather than Sky UK

Sly UK are already on P4 (the new white card). They skipped P3 after using the P2 for such a long time.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
007.4 said:
Sly UK are already on P4 (the new white card). They skipped P3 after using the P2 for such a long time.

No they're not. They are running on CAID 0963 which is NDS3. NDS4 has not completed testing yet and so has not been used at all on general release sub cards.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The card version is identified by the ROM version which can be read from the card using INS 02.

The first digital card (CAID 0960) was ROM version 01 = P1
The second card (CAID 0961) was ROM version 02 = P2
The current card (CAID 0963) is ROM version 04 = P4

You can see that CAID 0962 (rom version 03 = P3) has not been used.

The "publically assigned names" such as NDS1, NDS3 etc. are irrelevent and misnomers.

HTH
Happy New Year to everyone!

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Each Rom is not a differant revision of an encryption. There's loads of differant rom's used on Kudelski's Nagravision 3, 2 examples being rom142 and rom180, they are still nag3. If they had released NDS4 in the UK already, they would not now be testing it in Italy, they would know it works and would only require a small test to ensure there were no complications with the very small differances between the UK and IT systems.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Rick said:
Each Rom is not a differant revision of an encryption.

I did notsay it was.

In the NDS case there are many subtle differences in card protocols between rom versions and between country versions.
For example, you cannot equate Italy P2 with UK P2 - although they are similar (same INS B0, INS B3 etc) the supported INS list is different.

It is a fact that Sky UK are now using P4 (their official terminology). Whether you want call that NDS3, NDS4 or anthing else - really does not matter.

The question raised at the start of this thread is "when the next card version is to be released?"

I have no idea, but as a substantial cost is involved I would not have thought soon. My point is, that it will be officially known as P5 (unless they skip another version). No doubt in the public domain it will be called something else. As the current version is known as "NDS3" , if the new camcrypt (card pairing algorithm) is substantially different from the current one, the new card will probably be called "NDS4"

As I said before these labels "NDSx" are not really helpful. It is more accurate to refer to each card type by their actual rom version, P1, P2, P4 and qualify this by also stating the country, UK, IT etc.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I can't see them doing a full card swap out in all honesty even if a new card was available.

Theres no point due to the costs involved. If anything they will more than likely follow Sky Italias lead and jsut issue the newer cards to new subscribers or people who need replacements cards.

The new Sky Italia version using caid 09cd can be shared anyway so i can't really see the point in all honesty of Sky UK changing to a newer encryption to stop CS if its already known that certain emus can already read and decode from that card.

Nano

fintannl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Single Sat Dish and DM800
My Location
Ireland
thats a really interesting point. as things develop with sky italia the fundamental point is that the channels remain open. so maybe some users will be affected if one avenue gets closed down but the reality is that for total closure both channels would need to be cut

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
somehow i think card sharing help them in a way to have profite like last year ,with Digital+ in spain we think that card sharing boosted the full package subs (aroung 85€ per month) pack including HD , no way ppl would pay this money if there was no sharing specialy in this hard times ..its strange but real ..regards

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
sorry i didnt reported anything i simply forgot that i asked this question and u see same situtation what was in italy . Most ppl on sat scene didnt knew bout card change maybe is that due BskyB simply dont inform or it will be card change using same id wich i dont belive. Last time i was asking foreigner owner of Sky Italia but this was person with disabilities and he was experienced mosc card he was watching primafilas using Dragon Cam but never mind till i see updated on mine card i will be calm

last question to this from me do u know +- time when subscription is coming ? is that 3rd week of each month or earlier /sooner?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Blimey he must have been going back to the days when Sky Italia were using SECA as an encryption method before they switched over to NDS :D

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I had a phone call from Sky (not quite sure it was them) confirming some details like box type 'because they are sending out a new card'.
We will see what happens.

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
what was their reason for sending out a new card?...was it just because they are?

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
u know exaclty that mr Kangaroo hates dreamboxes and all linux devices and he will do everything to stop splitting and using those cards outside shitty skybox but he loose in italian court with exclusivnes of their receivers so italians can use own boxes.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Mr. Kangaroo !!

I quite like that.

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
so i wana ask bout something i have @ home old s+++ty sky box its SD box only but its without card so is there anyway to connect this box to some new card or only way is throw this box out of window ?:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please moderate your language on the forum - we have folks of all ages on here.

You can always stick a new card in it - any activated card will give you the 6 mix & ftv channels. If you want the movies & sport the card needs to be paired.