Nextwave 2500 plus receiver

caretaker

Reaction score
I have or nearly have a nextwave 2500 plus. But has overheated and only comes on occassionally, is it easy to replace the power pack[i think it is this that has gone],and is it also easy to obtain it,If so can anyone give any help on subjet,and if possible where to obtain such items Thanks in antisipation.

vernon

Reaction score
I do not know about the reciever model # you are speaking of as I am over in Canada.

I can help you through the troubleshooting if you feel like taking it step by step, You should be confortable with basic test equipment though.
As a side note power supplies in their selves may not be all that difficult, but some of the control circuits can be.

The first thing I would check out as you say "sometimes it comes on",
is this temperature related, (cooler weather vs warmer).
Does it like to sit at a particular spot, wires twisted in a certain way (A.C. power cord).

In a nutshell what seems to make a difference.

Best regards,
Vernon

caretaker

Reaction score
Thanks for the intrest Vernon, I know that it gets a little hot where it is positioned but no more than other boxes i have in the same place , i have had a mini fan on said box,but when i had to turn off for some reason or other it took longer to come back on,sometimes two days later. the latest was ,it took 9 days to come back on ,then i had a power failure during recent bad weather, and it wont come back to life(although part of it does warm up.

vernon

Reaction score
Your first post sounded like possible thermal problems, but after an electrical storm all kinds of electrical components inside (could have been partially bad initially) now could be zapped.

If you have a area for example in a not too cold fridge, near an air conditioner (best idea) etc. (if you place it in the fridge place it in a dry plastic bag).
What you want to do is slightly chill it, please do take care not to overdo it or get it damp or frosted(carefull with the A.C power).

Would this reciever be similar to the ones over here, the system is controlled basically like a bios in a computer.
That would leave it also prone to corrupt flashes from these disturbances, this would also not boot the system.

Best regards,
Vernon