NICEIC

gap30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 90cm dish
My Location
Liverpool
Is anyone on here 'lucky' enough to have to deal with this organisation

Logged on this morning to issue a fire alarm service report and the relevant reports were missing from the online certification

Called them and was informed we have removed them from the system till the end of the year

Ok thanks cheers ... words fail me

So now I have all of my fire alarm certs for the rest of the year ie customers expecting an NICEIC cert to worry about now

Earlier this year I had my yearly assessment and the assessor noticed that my business had Ltd at the end so they changed my name to add the Ltd and charged me £97.00

Bear in mind I have been an Approved Contractor with them for over 15 years and have been limited for the last 8 years

They remind me of British Leyland in the 70's or our local City Council

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

Quite a good analogy actually, they act well above their stations, like little tin gods and make life difficult for the very people who pay their wages

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Is anyone on here 'lucky' enough to have to deal with this organisation

Logged on this morning to issue a fire alarm service report and the relevant reports were missing from the online certification

Called them and was informed we have removed them from the system till the end of the year

Ok thanks cheers ... words fail me

So now I have all of my fire alarm certs for the rest of the year ie customers expecting an NICEIC cert to worry about now

Earlier this year I had my yearly assessment and the assessor noticed that my business had Ltd at the end so they changed my name to add the Ltd and charged me £97.00

Bear in mind I have been an Approved Contractor with them for over 15 years and have been limited for the last 8 years

Ohh dear, you've set my nervous twitch off again after reading your post :p .... I also was NICEIC registered and when i reached retirement age three years ago i was quite happy to carry on working and paying my taxes etc but the 'Establishment' just made it too much of a headache with incidents like yours, price hike's what seemed like every five minutes, inventing new regs to keep the boys in a job etc etc so i decided to pack it all in. I bumped into one of my assessors shortly before walking out of the industry, which i had been part of since the age of 16 (not a six week government wonder) and he told me there were lots of other sparkies doing the same - makes you weep. Try not to let the buggers drag you down chap :Y

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Try the ECA instead (I'm slightly biased as I used to do some Assessment work for them when Part P came in).

gap30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 90cm dish
My Location
Liverpool
Try the ECA instead (I'm slightly biased as I used to do some Assessment work for them when Part P came in).

Problem is I deal with 'busybodies' on a daily basis who insist you must be NICEIC even though Elecsa etc are equally if not technically better

Also they have informed me they are still issuing paper certs for FSM6c even though the whole thing went electronic years ago

I have not issued a paper cert for years its all done via the portal/email these days (which it should be as it stops the cowboys from issuing certs)

So more costs now paying for the certs and paying to register said certs

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Doesn't surprise me. NIC always were a law unto themselves.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I've heard of the NICEIC being described as "jumped up little shits", so, this all sounds about right... :-rofl2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.