Nilesat reception reports for UK.... please.!!

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Nilesat reception reports for UK

Hi this subject has been lightly touched on in the past, and information has been a bit fragmented and converse, but I would like to have a better idea of what reception is possible for Nilesat in the UK......

I have a motorised 1.2 metre prime focus dish with Technomate TM 5500 DAP CI Receiver & .3 dB LNB.... I receive all the sats one expects to receive in the UK except for Nilesat which gives me a slight rise in signal as I pass over its position but not enough to give any pictures...

I know my dish declination is very slightly off so I can expect a possible improvement after I’ve adjusted that.
But what sort of signal can I expect from my location in the Heart of England at 52.23 North 1.39 West... ??

If any of you guys can let me know what set-up you have, your approximate location and picture/signal strength (if any), I would be most grateful

Regards John

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Wet weather, no signal. Daytime fine/light cloud 30% quality, night time fine/light cloud 40% quality. Summer time better quality figures. 20miles from Suffolk east coast, 1.25m Gibertini dish, Golden Interstar 0.3dB LNB, Technomate 5000DA receiver

On my old 85cm Gibertini dish and 0.6dB Cambridge LNB same receiver I got a watchable picture on some channels during hours of darkness, blocky picture during daylight hours, first signs of heavy cloud, no signal received. Better during bright sunny summer weather.

el cid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat/arabsat/hotbird/mcsa/Dreambox 500S
My Location
Middle East & Sothern Spain
That's good news for me. I want to pic up nilesat on a 90 cm dish in southern Spain. Do you have any idea what sort of signal I can expect to get being that much futher south than you?

H

Happy-Buddah

@ el cid
As you are closer to the published footprint I would imagine that you might get better reception than we do in the UK. The strongest here seem to be the education channels, try for them first of all.
11747V, 27500,3/4.
We, in the UK, seem to only be capable of picking up the vertical transponders.
H-B

el cid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat/arabsat/hotbird/mcsa/Dreambox 500S
My Location
Middle East & Sothern Spain
i'm gonna give it a try with a 90cm dish. I'll let you know how I get on, thanks all for you help & comments

H

Happy-Buddah

@ el cid

Best of luck, we tend to get stronger signals during the hours of darkness. Summer time best or a nice crisp frosty night.
H-B