Nilesat

hlse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal
My Location
Norfolk
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how to calculate the optimum distance between the LNB and the dish to receive nilesat, My dish is 1.8M and the LNB is 02dB, but the LNB holder is variable and the signal i get is quite erratic

haggismn

Reaction score
There is not way, as far as I know, to be able to calculate such distance. It would vary far too much from dish to dish and even lnb to lnb.

The easiest solution is to use a signal meter, which goes in series with the cable from lnb to receiver. Then you can simply turn the lnb to the poing at which you have highest reading. I find, however, that this is not as accurate. Signal meters are designed for finding satellites, not small lnb movements.

Better still, simply get someone to stand beside the tv with a menu up which reports signal strength, and very slowly move the lnb around until optimum signal is achieved.

iraj3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar dsb 770 FTA
echostar dsb 1200 viaacs
My Location
THE netherlands
I have same problem
I get signal at 8* west but I can not get 7* west( NILESAT)
I don't know how to get that

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If the 1.8m is prime focus then the focal distance f is a calculation of the diameter D and the dish depth d

f = D x D / 16 d

If its an offset then the supplier should have the design criteria from the manufacturer if its not already in the manual.

Nilesat is an iffy satellite on the UK, polarity and frequency of channels play an important part in the number that can be received.