No Art Sports channels

anilgd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s and 80cm Dish pointing to hotbird
My Location
Middlesex
Hi Guys,
Recently I installed 80cm Raven Dish pointing to Hotbird. I got so many around 1700, I think channels, but i can't see any of the Art Sports channels.

I am in Greater London and I always thoght 80cm Dish is ok for Get Art Sport channels.

Infact Provider Arabesque is missing , even I tried Manual Search

Any one facing the same problems like me or any suggestions appreciated.

villa

Reaction score
hi ya u need to buy the official card around £90 - £120 if u find the right place on the net ur @ a sky shop hope this helps

anilgd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middlesex
Sorry, if my post is confusing. I have bought the ART subscription Card. But even I haven't tried the card yet. I am just hoping to see the Encrypted channels first on the TV. Then I think I put the card in the receiver.

Hope i am right.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
anilgd said:
Hi Guys,
Recently I installed 80cm Raven Dish pointing to Hotbird. I got so many around 1700, I think channels, but i can't see any of the Art Sports channels.

I am in Greater London and I always thoght 80cm Dish is ok for Get Art Sport channels.

Infact Provider Arabesque is missing , even I tried Manual Search

Any one facing the same problems like me or any suggestions appreciated.

Hi Anilgd
Go into Menu, then service searching, then manual transponder scan, Then enter in Satellite Hotbird, In Frequency 12015, Pol Horiiizontal (Left or Right Button to Change) Fec rate 3/4, Symbol rate 27500, Start scan. It should appear now in your list.

anilgd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middlesex
john_graydon said:
Hi Anilgd
Go into Menu, then service searching, then manual transponder scan, Then enter in Satellite Hotbird, In Frequency 12015, Pol Horiiizontal (Left or Right Button to Change) Fec rate 3/4, Symbol rate 27500, Start scan. It should appear now in your list.

Hi John,
Thanks for the response. But I tried this and it found one channel , nothing to do with ART channel. ( I can't recollect exact name of the channel , it is like SID X00). But no Luck. Is anything thing to do with My image. I am just thinking to install Official image and search agian .

Anymore more ideas welcome.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
anilgd said:
Hi John,
Thanks for the response. But I tried this and it found one channel , nothing to do with ART channel. ( I can't recollect exact name of the channel , it is like SID X00). But no Luck. Is anything thing to do with My image. I am just thinking to install Official image and search agian .

Anymore more ideas welcome.
Are you sure your on Hotbird and not Astra 2. Think Hotbird has about 1300 ch. Can you list a few for me.

anilgd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middlesex
john_graydon said:
Are you sure your on Hotbird and not Astra 2. Think Hotbird has about 1300 ch. Can you list a few for me.

That is what my installer asked me. I am definite. I get Eurosports, Multivision, TPS, Spice Platinum, playboy, SUN , KTV(sound Encrypted) , DAN Music and I mentioned around 1700 including Encrypted channels. Astra on 19.2 E should have so many channels in the first place.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
anilgd said:
That is what my installer asked me. I am definite. I get Eurosports, Multivision, TPS, Spice Platinum, playboy, SUN , KTV(sound Encrypted) , DAN Music and I mentioned around 1700 including Encrypted channels. Astra on 19.2 E should have so many channels in the first place.

Well the freq I listed is for Art/Arabesque you should be able to get it. Get a new list of settings and enter them in.

ziggysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 + HDD
My Location
Belfast
I have my satellite pointing at Astra1 19.2, I have installed a gemini 2.2 image on my 7020, I can see emu with the blue button, put keys in var/scce & keys but still just the usual channels.

Should i be able to get for example MTV base with this set up, at the minute I only get MTV central etc.

Cheers

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
anilgd said:

Have you sorted it out. Your card should work with Newcamd.

anilgd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middlesex
No Luck with Art channels. Finally I managed on different transponder, but all the time it says Service not found . I tried manually service using 12015 Transponder, but it hasn't found ART channels.

One of my friend has Echostar2200CI, I try with that receiver, let me see whether it is Installation problem or Receiver Problem.

redone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 800hd...
Zone 2 sky dish motorised..
Moteck 2100.. Dbox2 upstairs
My Location
uk
Hello mate if you do this as posted above.....................

Then make sure you're box has locked on to this frequency...No point in scanning if not..
Failing that you could always try someone elses service file..

Red

Reaction score
anilgd said:
No Luck with Art channels. Finally I managed on different transponder, but all the time it says Service not found . I tried manually service using 12015 Transponder, but it hasn't found ART channels.

One of my friend has Echostar2200CI, I try with that receiver, let me see whether it is Installation problem or Receiver Problem.

I dont know if you sorted your problem out yet, as this post is a couple of weeks old, but a thought occurred to me.....

are you receiving both vertical and horizontal transponders, if not it may be lnb problem.

happened to me

Alan Waddle

Reaction score
i live in finland so this is not directly helpful to you, but what i know is that here i receive all HB channels with a 110cm triax multifocus without any problems, BUT the art sports one, where the beam seems to be weaker than other channels. dunno the reason for this, as according to lyngsat, it should be "wide" beam.

lots of pubs etc have ART in the uk though so i am sure you should be able to get it - just a question of adjusting your LNB or using a better one, or using a slightly bigger dish.

onentity

Reaction score
Website
www.onentity.com
My Location
London, UK
Try rotating your LNB slightly to the left (or the right, depending on where you are standing), this should work for you.

satmikeni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 , 80cm motorised with Opos 1.05, dragon, Matrix , Art sports Digit Alb + 5 plus official subs
My Location
Northern Ireland
@anilgd vbmenu_register("postmenu_267149", true);

You have nothing wrong with your receiver or software, it is how your dish is setup. I was getting these problems allot when installing systems to pubs, it appears that it is something to do with the LNB.

Arabesques transponder is the cheapest and nastiest on HOtbird, bar one. They cram 15 544x488 channels on one transponder and certain dishes have reported problems.

I found that any system I sent out using a triax solid grey 88 and lnb + wall bracket all give this issue.

Would you beleive that you could actually fix the problem using a 60cm zone 2 sky dish?? lol..

One job that I kept the triax on I used an old Sky Grundig LNB and problem solved. That was in the north of Scotland using a 60cm zone 2 dish.

100% an lnb issue matey...

Hope this helps.

p.s I suggest that you follow others advice in manually searching for the transponder, it will save you from having to do a full re-scan.

If you can't get an old grundig lnb use one with as wide a diameter as possible, will 100% solve the problem.

Mike.

harry0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620
Gemini 2.4
1m dish
My Location
Manchester
Any chance you could recommend a particular lnb product, assuming these old Grundig ones are hard to get hold of?

harry0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620
Gemini 2.4
1m dish
My Location
Manchester
If anyone is interested I solved this problem with a replacement LNB, Smart Titanium 0.2db. In fact that solved the problem about 50% of the problem, and then a bit of fine tuning of the dish alignment made the reception loud and clear.

All a bit misleading since I had good reception on plenty of other Hotbird channels all along, but I guess the Arabesque signal is just a bit weaker than some of the others.

djkenzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB7000/ 7020/ 500, Hummy and all kind accesories
My Location
EE
seems that the beat is slightly to the south, they want north africa covered;)