My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000 IP Viaccess
Panasonic DSB-30
Nokia 110S
ChannelMaster 1,2m
Motorized Macab 1,5m
My Location
Sweden
A friend's Dreambox 5620 do not boot up properly!
I can neither communicate through the 232 port, no connection whatsoever.
The display reads: 5600 then ---- and finally blank and then goes back again in the same loop over and over. Anybody out there who knows better than me
how to get around it?

marcalhon

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
power off, then press the up button on the front of the dream untill appear 999 on the dream screen! (this is a reset)

then, try sending via rs232

19E59N said:
A friend's Dreambox 5620 do not boot up properly!
I can neither communicate through the 232 port, no connection whatsoever.
The display reads: 5600 then ---- and finally blank and then goes back again in the same loop over and over. Anybody out there who knows better than me
how to get around it?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Are you using the correct null modem cable?

19E59N

Radio MM
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic DSB-30
Nokia 110S
ChannelMaster 1,2m
Motorized Macab 1,5m
My Location
Sweden
T_G said:
Are you using the correct null modem cable?

Yes I'm using the correct null modem cable, it works fine with my Echostar 3000.

19E59N

Radio MM
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic DSB-30
Nokia 110S
ChannelMaster 1,2m
Motorized Macab 1,5m
My Location
Sweden
marcalhon said:
power off, then press the up button on the front of the dream untill appear 999 on the dream screen! (this is a reset)

then, try sending via rs232

I've tried this several times without luck. My computer doesn't recognize the receiver when connected. It's still the loop repeating itself 5600 ---- and then blank and back again to 5600! It drives me nuts

pant

Reaction score
19E59N said:
I've tried this several times without luck. My computer doesn't recognize the receiver when connected. It's still the loop repeating itself 5600 ---- and then blank and back again to 5600! It drives me nuts
Remove the network cable (if any) or Its time for hyperterminal to check the bootloader

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
When trying to load with null modem cable you got to remove EVERYTHING, and then open the software, and only then put the power cable into the dreambox. Otherwise it won't work. See the idiot guide for instructions. make sure to use the correct software.

pant

Reaction score
T_G said:
When trying to load with null modem cable you got to remove EVERYTHING, and then open the software, and only then put the power cable into the dreambox. Otherwise it won't work. See the idiot guide for instructions. make sure to use the correct software.

I ment to remove the network cable and try to reboot the machine and not to use dreamup....

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
pant said:
I ment to remove the network cable and try to reboot the machine and not to use dreamup....

I think he has a bigger problem than that, in my experience he needs to nullmodem a new image. When you get the 5600 display flashing it usually means ther network cannot connect, hence any attempt to comunicat with the box other than dreamup is going to fail.

On the other hand, if you correctly use the null modem as described, it should get it to work. I haven't heard yet of a 5620 being ruined yet, or one that could not be sorted with nullmodem...as long as you do it right with the correct cable.