Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver Technomate 5200D Super
Titanium Universal Single 0.1 dB LNB
Triax TD88 dish
My Location
Edinburgh
Hi,

Could you please help me with this issue.
I setup the dish and I tried to scan satellite for free channels. It is scanning but at the end I get the message "NO CHANNELS ADDED" so I cannot see any channel whatever satellite is scanned. Shall I suppose that the dish is not well oriented ? Since I do not a have a compass I am not very sure for the orientation, but I hope de motor is finding the right position for the satellites. I am actually particularly interested in HOTBIRD 13 for the Italian channels (free).
I use Televes RSD 7254 Receiver, LBN Syntec 2000, Manhattan H-H Mount (HH140ALU) Motor with DISEqc 1.2 and Go to X function, 80 cm dish.
I live in Edinburgh and I am facing SOUTH.

Thank you in advance for your time in helping me.

Have a nice day.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you set up your motor and dish, how did you find due south and what elevation setting did you use for your motor?

dante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 dish
My Location
Edinburgh
Thank you for your answer. In the meantime I got rid of the motor and I tried to use the dish fixed on the tripod. I have been adviced that I should not use the motor on the tripod.
Now I can get Astra 1 and 2 but I cannot get Hobird for RAI UNO and other Italian channels. If you have an idea I would be grateful.
I tried to guess the SOUTH since I do not have a compass.

Thanks again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well if you can get Astra 1, then hotbird is up a small bit and West a small bit.

dante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 dish
My Location
Edinburgh
I have got some Italian channels on Hotbird but only on HORIZONTAL polarity.
Unfortunatelly I did not get RAI UNO, DUE, TRE which are vertically.
I appreciate any further help for this.
Thanks again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Providing you haven't changed any of the LNB power settings, you are either not fully aligned, or your LNB could be faulty, did you get vertical channels on the other satellites?

dante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 dish
My Location
Edinburgh
I will check it and try again today. How do I know which one to choose 13v or 17V ?
RAI UNO, DUE, TRE are still on HOTBIRD 13 ?? Maybe I am looking for them and they are not there anymore. Can I get RAI UNO on Astra 19 ??
For Hotbird I have the following coordinates for RAI UNO : Hotbird 2, 13g EST, 11766 V, SR 27500, FEC 2/3 . Is that correct ?
Thanks and have a nice day.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You shouldn't need to choose, the default settings for receivers will allow automatic switching between horizontal and vertical, Vertical is 13v and Horizontal is 18v.

dante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 dish
My Location
Edinburgh
I understand. However I tried to scan manually the transponder for RAI UNO , I input the values and I get no channels. Strange because the dish looks on the right position. I keep trying.
Are you sure RAI channels are still on 11766 ??
Thank you.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dante said:
Are you sure RAI channels are still on 11766 ??
Well I have not seen it on that frequency in recent memory
I don't think anyone said the channels were on that frequency did they? Have a look here I thing you will find success with 10992V 27500 2/3

dante

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 dish
My Location
Edinburgh
Thank you . In the meantime I found on the web that I have to change switch frequency. I follow the advice and now it is OK.
However I am get Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13 but I cannot get Eutelsat W2 at 16.0°E. Any help ?
Many thanks and have a nice day.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dante said:
Thank you . In the meantime I found on the web that I have to change switch frequency. I follow the advice and now it is OK.

Yes that is what I said a week ago
dante said:
However I am get Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13 but I cannot get Eutelsat W2 at 16.0°E. Any help ?
Many thanks and have a nice day.
Yes W2 can be a tricky bird especially if you are not 100% on the arc, also the transponders are a lot weaker on 16E. But I am almost sure your problem is your dish size and your location in Scotland I am 100 miles South of you and sometimes struggle with a 1.2 mtr dish.