No Eurosport

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oh well, you can't have everything.;) Still available free on 19.2 analogue, very cheap receiving equipment as well.

john epon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hello digital baby,if you or any one else is looking for eurosport for the italian football then im afraid you need british eurosport as the eurosport channels dont show these games.

if anyone has digital satalite receiver tunned to hotbird 19.2 go to hrt-tv3 channel, italian football live on sunday night, you need a viaccess 1 card..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For Eurosport on 19.2 E, all you need is a cheap analogue receiver and a 60cm dish, both can be found very cheaply.

All of the digital services are encrypted as far as I know, but some can be accessed with the appropriate CAM and card.

PS. You Nick would appear to be showing it's age. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
For £50 or so you can buy a second hand analogue receiver and dish, look in loot or car boot sales, you can then have it set up as a permanent channel on your system.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
I have it on good authority (mate in the trade) that freeview has a few more channels soon, and there is going to be a sports channel and a couple of film channels later in the year, they intend to do an encryption for them, just how they intend to encrypt remains to be seen, although they promised not to encrypt any channel, they must look ahead and if the subscription package is low I can see them knicking some of sky's customers.
haga

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I've heard similar rumours as well Haga, trouble is that quite often they start off from one person speculating on the matter and it then being passed on as fact.

I'm personally not convinced though, it would need a radical rethink on equipment and bearing in mind that most of the digital adaptors on sale at the moment have no facility for decryption, they would effectively have to start from scratch.

Eurosport and TCM would be nice as freebies though and are probably still a long term possibility.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
I have to agree I shared the same view when I first heard this, but having seen the memo to my mate from his boss which stated that all freeview boxes sold must have the cam slot, and all the cheap versions without are to be returned, it made me think it was more than a rumour.
We'll have to wait and see.
hopefully they will use the seca method that ondigi used, as we all know, that was impossible to crack and set the standard for future encryptions, lol (me, take the piss, as if)
haga

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello Haga.....saw you're intro earlier so I'd like to add my welcome to you. :)

Very unlikely that there will be encryption on Freeview I'd suggest. They've only just won the case against those who were saying it wasn't free because there is a cost for the box. To start charging for channels would make subscribers as wary as they are of Sky, don't you think.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
Hi jimbo, thanks for the welcome, I agree with you, but as I said, I've seen what they have planned for the future, and unlike sky (who make it difficult not to subscribe) there will be no pressure for the freeview customers to subscribe, that said, there is still more channels planned for free, E4 lite is one that is due (cut down version of E4) and a few others, I'll let you know when I hear more, like I said, we'll have to wait and see.
haga

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Will Banzai be on E4 Lite ?

(Lives in hope)

Back to the subject

Eurosport is also free on 13 East Digital in French - an odd symbol rate though which will mean a non Sky type box

You could always look at the Prima channel on 18 West that used to have a lot of footie in the clear

satskiver

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi i can pick up prima, i didn`t know they showed football though as it`s the only channel i can receive on 18west.

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
cnn ect should launch ................oh and e4 and this new g4