No idea what size dish do I need for getting Astra 2D in Sicily?

Y

ynot62

I have been looking at the footprints on different websites : they say you can get Astra 2D on Canarian Islands with a 2.40 dish, on Cyprus you can receive it with a 2.70 dish or a 3.00 dish, on south of Rome with a 2.40 dish, on Rodhes with a 3.00 dish. my question is : is it really impossible to know what size dish do I need in Sicily, basing it on these details we already got about differnt areas in te hsouth of Europe?
thank you
Tony

E

enschede

Hi Tony,
Could you give me more details on how or you got the info about the 2.40 dish size 100 miles south of Rome.
I live about 40 km south of Rome, Frascati to be precise, I have a 1.20m disk and can see Ch4 & Ch5 but am unable to see the BBC channels. Before paying out quite a few euro for a 2.40m dish I like to be certain on what kind of dish and what receiver the person has.
My father has an old Panasonic TUD 31 with signal quality of 25% and he has perfect viewing of Ch 4 & Ch 5.

Y

ynot62

hi Enschede,
unfortunally i dont know personally this guy from south of Rome but go to the website www.astra2d.co.uk , click on reports and then Italy. In there you will find all the details.
Let me know how you go
Ciao
Tony

D

dbolton

My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi Enschede

let me know how you get on i am in Palombara and still trying i have a 1m dish no 2D i was living in varese before and i had 2D 24 7 I almost feel like going back,anyhow i am also on the lookout for a big dish let me know where you are getting yours.