No idea what size dish do I need for getting Astra 2D in Sicily?

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been looking at the footprints on different websites : they say you can get Astra 2D on Canarian Islands with a 2.40 dish, on Cyprus you can receive it with a 2.70 dish or a 3.00 dish, on south of Rome with a 2.40 dish, on Rodhes with a 3.00 dish. my question is : is it really impossible to know what size dish do I need in Sicily, basing it on these details we already got about differnt areas in te hsouth of Europe?
thank you
Tony

enschede

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Tony,
Could you give me more details on how or you got the info about the 2.40 dish size 100 miles south of Rome.
I live about 40 km south of Rome, Frascati to be precise, I have a 1.20m disk and can see Ch4 & Ch5 but am unable to see the BBC channels. Before paying out quite a few euro for a 2.40m dish I like to be certain on what kind of dish and what receiver the person has.
My father has an old Panasonic TUD 31 with signal quality of 25% and he has perfect viewing of Ch 4 & Ch 5.

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi Enschede,
unfortunally i dont know personally this guy from south of Rome but go to the website www.astra2d.co.uk , click on reports and then Italy. In there you will find all the details.
Let me know how you go
Ciao
Tony

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi Enschede

let me know how you get on i am in Palombara and still trying i have a 1m dish no 2D i was living in varese before and i had 2D 24 7 I almost feel like going back,anyhow i am also on the lookout for a big dish let me know where you are getting yours.