No Module - Dragon Cam

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
Hi, I updated my dragon cam with the dragon teams latest 312 update. This was posted on a couple of sites this morning. As always I checked the id which was ok. Used the same procedure for updating my cam as I'd used many times before. On succesfully updating the cam I removed the loader card and booted the receiver. Unfortunately the receiver no longer de-crypts or detects the dragon cam. The cam menu shows no module. I've tried both slots with no joy. The loader card appears ok and will quite happily take different versions of predator software. Is my dragon cam dead or is their a way to repair it? I've tried the cam in my Topfield receiver and it just shows initiallising but never does. Any help appreciated.

Rod

Bud2

Reaction score
Remove & insert the Loader card several times, quite fast, this will clean the contacts inside the cam. Now try loading the file again. This hint was told to me some time ago and it worked, hope it works for you.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
whatpassword said:
Hi, I updated my dragon cam with the dragon teams latest 312 update. This was posted on a couple of sites this morning. As always I checked the id which was ok. Used the same procedure for updating my cam as I'd used many times before. On succesfully updating the cam I removed the loader card and booted the receiver. Unfortunately the receiver no longer de-crypts or detects the dragon cam. The cam menu shows no module. I've tried both slots with no joy. The loader card appears ok and will quite happily take different versions of predator software. Is my dragon cam dead or is their a way to repair it? I've tried the cam in my Topfield receiver and it just shows initiallising but never does. Any help appreciated.

Rod

Probally needs to be re initalized again, same with the matrix. I never take the cam out unless it on a fta channel, switch off power and then take it out to programme. Never any problems now. I would say your cam is ok, just get it to initalise, maybe reboot. Lets know how you get on though.

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
john_graydon said:
Probally needs to be re initalized again, same with the matrix. I never take the cam out unless it on a fta channel, switch off power and then take it out to programme. Never any problems now. I would say your cam is ok, just get it to initalise, maybe reboot. Lets know how you get on though.

Hi, thanks for suggestions. Tried bud2 idea but no joy. Problem is the sat receiver is not recognising the dragon module. Only with the receiver switched on and upon removing the cam will it change to initialising. Bit strange but that's what it does. No matter how many times I reboot the reciever it will still not initialise the cam. I've placed the cam in to my UK Terrestrial Topfield receiver and this at least reports initilising. Unfortunately it never progresses beyond this. Before my problems began the Toppy(Topfield) would recognise the dragon cam no problem. I've just received a new dragon cam v3.02 and this works in my sat receiver with no problems. Like yourself I don't believe the dragon is dead. I'm thinking maybe a cas2 or laptop could boot it back into line. As I mentioned before the cam originally loaded the latest predator software without any hitches. It was only on rebooting my receiver that the thing failed to see the dragon and subsequently decode. I did insert my ex-subscription sky card a bit sharp and wonder if this could have cocked the initialisation bit up. Definitely nothing wrong with the predator I used as the id's check out. Thanks again for any suggestions offered.