No Picture!!! HELP

MattieC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Location germany, Sky full package, 80cm dish, pace box
Hi,

I live in Germany and ive had Sky digital for 3 years now with no problems. However, this morning before i left for work we had some heavy rain and winds and the picture kept freezing. Nothing new here as this always happens when bad weather. However I went home at lunchtime and i had no signal so i realigned the dish with good quality and strength showing on screen setup but still no picture or sound?

Im puzzled - anyone any ideas what to do?

Cheers

Matt

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try switching off at mains and re-booting, very often cures this type of problem.

MattieC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
rolfw said:
Try switching off at mains and re-booting, very often cures this type of problem.

Hi - i tried that already and still the same :-(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is it sucessfully scanning fo channels?

MattieC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
rolfw said:
Is it sucessfully scanning fo channels?

Hi, I get all the listings for the "entertainment" section but when i switch to say Movies or Sports then it says searching for listings and not a lot of action?

Regards

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There have been problems with some of the early Pace digiboxes, the 2600 is a particular sufferer, you may even find that a forced software update will cure the problem. Can you view any of the channels in the entertainment section?

MattieC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
rolfw said:
There have been problems with some of the early Pace digiboxes, the 2600 is a particular sufferer, you may even find that a forced software update will cure the problem. Can you view any of the channels in the entertainment section?

Hi Rolf, i appreciate your help.

No i cannot view any channels at all even the ones that are listed.

You know when you said reboot did you mean unplug at the mains beacuse i only switched off the box, also, i never remove the viewing card but when i did today it semmed very "scorched" where the chip is. Is this normal?

I really cant do without Sky here in Germany :-(

Best Regards

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
To reboot, you need to unplug the box. It is not normal for the card to be scorched.

MattieC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
rolfw said:
To reboot, you need to unplug the box. It is not normal for the card to be scorched.

Hi Rolf

Ill try and reboot it later on and let you know what happens

Thanks

Matt

solsat

Reaction score
Website
www.solsat.com
My Location
Alicante
MattieC said:
Hi Rolf

Ill try and reboot it later on and let you know what happens

Thanks

Matt
You may have water ingress in the cable at the lnb end. Try cutting back the cable 6 inches and remaking the joint.