Comp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Toshiba laptop
My Location
notts
Comp said:
I dont think the updated software for this old box is in the 'data stream',... so you wont be able to do a 'forced update..... :-( '...

I believe the software will be 'rolled round' eventually,.... (I hope so,.. cos I have one in the same boat!!) mine is coupled up to a spare feed from my quad LNB,... and has been on for a week or so, now,..... I will let you know if/when it updates,.....

Cheers, Fred

......... So far, no good........O-zzzO-zzz

Comp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Toshiba laptop
My Location
notts
Comp said:
......... So far, no good........O-zzzO-zzz

Still waiting...... I dont think :confused I have a duff box,..... I will leave it connected, & keep checking,... nothing to loose!!!

Cheers, Fred

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
ilike said:
Have you tried to "reset" the LNB.

If I remember correctly:

-Services.
- Press 4
- Press 01 then select
- Press 1 (lnb setup)
- turn off lnb
- turn off 22mhz
- save settings.
- turn off box
- turn on box
- services
- press 4
....same again and switch back on lnb and 22mhz...and it should work. (hopefully).

This is Sky kiddology.

Apart from the fact that there isn't anything to "reset" as such in an LNB, whatever effect this palaver might have can be achieved equally well and in a somewhat less complex manner by rebooting the Box!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
ilike said:
Thanks for all your reply.

No progress on the amstrad.

With the Pace box, the signal is now received, how the version is 1.62 and apparently Sky does not want to activate my FTV card because the software is not up to date.

I've done as suggested. (back up, power off...). I've done that a few times, and i've also left the box connected for a few days hoping for a miracle update from "the Sky"...but nothing...?!?!!?

So...the signal problem seems to be fixed...

Now onto something else...:)

The Forced Update stream prioritises newer Box models, it seems and periods when Firmware for your Pace is available are as rare as rocking horse poo.

But I have heard of many occasions where the Automatic Download stream does suddenly decide to service these models, often after a period of several weeks - so you will get there eventually, but exactly when is the great unknown :)

Comp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Toshiba laptop
My Location
notts
Comp said:
Still waiting...... I dont think :confused I have a duff box,..... I will leave it connected, & keep checking,... nothing to loose!!!

Cheers, Fred

Still ziltch, so far.....................

gocekisme

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Satt dishes & adsl
My Location
Turkey
Comp said:

Hi all from sunny Turkey
have read all the comments on this problem and tried to use the advice for my problem to no avail.

I have a 2+ metere dish, a sky pace box model 445nb and can only receive Sky news.
The viewing card although bought in the Uk and still paid for does not allow me to receive any other signal.
Any ideas anyone Please

Gocek

ilike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal Sky+ Box
My Location
UK
yooohooo..

Yep...finally got updated ! The box AND the guide thingy !!!

I can finally activate my freesat card !

So, yes...conclusion...is wait wait and wait...and it will EVENTUALLY work !!! :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Tivù said:
The Forced Update stream prioritises newer Box models, it seems and periods when Firmware for your Pace is available are as rare as rocking horse poo.

But I have heard of many occasions where the Automatic Download stream does suddenly decide to service these models, often after a period of several weeks - so you will get there eventually, but exactly when is the great unknown :)

ilike said:
yooohooo..

Yep...finally got updated ! The box AND the guide thingy !!!

I can finally activate my freesat card !

So, yes...conclusion...is wait wait and wait...and it will EVENTUALLY work !!! :)

So patience really is a virtue :)

Glad to hear it all turned out well in the end!

Nolia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Moterk 2100A motor on Cyfra+ 80cm dish,45'E-37.5W Technomate 6800 HD receiver(Normal).
Windows 7 and Linux.
My Location
Buckinghamshire(H.Wyc)
I am getting the same problem!!! I have a amstrad box they gave me in 2006!!

Comp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Toshiba laptop
My Location
notts
Comp said:

..... After 8 weeks of expectant pacing,.. (well, checking the software most days!!) I have arisen to find 3.7.6 was delivered in the night,.....

Father and new baby doing well!!!!!

Thanks guys for the advise,... otherwise I would have perhaps 'binned' what will, I'm sure, turn out to be a useful system for my static caravan,......

Cheers, Fred

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nice one, Fred :)

I do sometimes wonder how many Boxes are consigned to the scrapheap through lack of patience, though!

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Tivù said:

This was what I believed as well. It was therefore with some scepticism I connected my Panasonic DSB30 (10 years old?) after being disconnected for just under 2 years. Did a forced update - and the box updated itself in the first go:)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You are blessed indeed :)

BTW, I knew the Scandinavians were liberal, but "Huffin the Puffin" ? Isn't that illegal :cool:

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Tivù said:

Thank you! :-harpist

Tivù said:
BTW, I knew the Scandinavians were liberal, but "Huffin the Puffin" ? Isn't that illegal :cool:

I hope not:)

_http://www.pooka-art.com/_Media/huffin_puffin_update_with_w.jpeg

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Tivù said:

Definitely not but Muffin the Mule is

darin73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have 2.1meter dish with 2in1 head for www & tv, Sky UK sat box (think its amstrad), computer is gateway laptop w/ XP
My Location
Tver, Russia
hi, ... i tried to follow these directions, but they dont work for the screen menu which i have on my screen...

instructions were;...

" Have you tried to "reset" the LNB.

If I remember correctly:

-Services.
- Press 4
- Press 01 then select
- Press 1 (lnb setup)
- turn off lnb
- turn off 22mhz
- save settings.
- turn off box
- turn on box
- services
- press 4
....same again and switch back on lnb and 22mhz...and it should work. (hopefully). "

but on my screen when i go to services then 4 (system set-up) then 1 (picture settings), then 1 again, but my screen doesnt have "lnb set-up"...mine has "picture format" ..and below that are options for; second pi format, scart control, contrast, video out-put, and others,,but no option for "lnb set-up"..??

infact i looked through other menus and couldn't find lnb set-up any where???

maybe your instructions were for sky box, and i have sky + box, sooo thats why i cant find the lnb set-up?

also, for 3 months the box i brought from scotland to russia, was sitting not being used. today the sputnik master installed an "LNB Converter" he said somthing about its a different format over here (mpeg) soo thats why it never worked last year when i had different satellite installer...well, i the guy i used his instrument to show on his box he was recieving the 11.778 signal...but he says my sky box is the problem??

finally, it has never worked (obviously or i wouldn't be writing) but recently i got land line phone for internet..and i tried plugging the phone cable in because it always said "phone not connected" even though i know its a different phone area code as its russia, not uk..well, it didn't work b4 and not working after i put phone cable in..but i read that could be a problem if they (sky) knows the box is out of the country...but i figured what the hell! as it wasnt working anyway..well i just wanted to give you all the info i had soo you could give your best advice of which i am very thankful for!
cheerz, darin

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well first of all, Resetting The LNB is a bit of smoke and mirrors by Sky!

Whatever the hope can be achieved by such a laborious process can be achieved simply by rebooting the Box itself (Disconnect from Mains for a few seconds).

Anyway, if you wish to follow their utterly pointless instructions, you have failed to access the hidden menu. In Services, press 4, 0, 1 then Select: Do not take any notice of the screen until you've entered all four keys ........ correctly :)

darin73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have 2.1meter dish with 2in1 head for www & tv, Sky UK sat box (think its amstrad), computer is gateway laptop w/ XP
My Location
Tver, Russia
hi..long time no post..well, again i am here in tver, russia, about 3hr west of moscow. i have a 2.1 meter dish and am currently enjoying sky tv through my sky plus box..

well. my reason for posting is...i'm not getting all the channels..it starts at 105,106, then its hit & miss..i get 301,302,303 sky movie channels, then some of the other movie channels (movies for men, film4, tcm etc), also i get sky sports 401,402,403, and then that's it for sports..also i get most news channels from 501 & up but not fox news..

well, any way biggest problem is that both scottish premier league footy and american football NFL are usally on 404..this is soo disappointing for me, as i feel i am sooo close to achieving my goal..

i don't get any ITV, any E4, any More4..its weird cause i get sum channels but not the +1hr version of it..??

anyway mostly i would like to get sky sports 404 tuned in..and i guess sum of the other movie channels..

does any1 have an explanation as to why i don't get the channels?? to me as an electrician, it doesn't make any sense, if there is juice then all the lights and outlets should be working if the wires are all connected,,and my co-ax cables are fine..obviously as i'm getting the other channels..

well, as always, any help would be greatly appreciated..or unless any1 knows anybody working at sky broadcasting who can move the SPL and NFL to channel 403, that would be great! ;-)
thanx again,
darin

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sounds like you are missing Astra 2D ie Dish too small.

Check missing Channels by name (not Sky EPG number) against the listing here _http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

But ............ if that isn't the problem, it might be a box degradation.

Is your Sky+ box a Thomson, by any chance ???

Edit: I see from your User Profile you think it's am Amstrad ............ can you find out for sure?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
darin73 said:
hi..long time no post..well, again i am here in tver, russia, about 3hr west of moscow. i have a 2.1 meter dish and am currently enjoying sky tv through my sky plus box..

well. my reason for posting is...i'm not getting all the channels..it starts at 105,106, then its hit & miss..i get 301,302,303 sky movie channels, then some of the other movie channels (movies for men, film4, tcm etc), also i get sky sports 401,402,403, and then that's it for sports..also i get most news channels from 501 & up but not fox news..

well, any way biggest problem is that both scottish premier league footy and american football NFL are usally on 404..this is soo disappointing for me, as i feel i am sooo close to achieving my goal..

i don't get any ITV, any E4, any More4..its weird cause i get sum channels but not the +1hr version of it..??

anyway mostly i would like to get sky sports 404 tuned in..and i guess sum of the other movie channels..

does any1 have an explanation as to why i don't get the channels?? to me as an electrician, it doesn't make any sense, if there is juice then all the lights and outlets should be working if the wires are all connected,,and my co-ax cables are fine..obviously as i'm getting the other channels..

well, as always, any help would be greatly appreciated..or unless any1 knows anybody working at sky broadcasting who can move the SPL and NFL to channel 403, that would be great! ;-)
thanx again,
darin

There are 4 different satellites using 8 different transmission beams operating at the 28E orbital slot. You are definitely missing Astra 2D and probably the Astra 2A & 2B south beams.