No satellite signal being received

dogsknob

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Manchester
I believe that this problem is repairable so I'll be making some effort to find out whats causing it when I get the chance, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.
Further to the above, I had a good one today. It was a Panasonic 31 with no low band signals. Turned out to be the 13/18v switched regulator on the PSU board. When I scoped the LNB supply it had an almost perfect 190 Hz sawtooth of about .8v p-p sat on top of the DC. Looks like this had confused the LNB into thinking that there was always a 22khz signal, hence no low band.

I wonder if this is similar to the "spurious 22khz" that the filter is meant to cure.

Any comments ?

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HumaxF1C1, Trisat dish, Astra 19.2, Eutelsat 16, Hotbird.
My Location
United Kingdom
I have had the same problem and i subscribe to sky also, some channels BBC1/BBC2 and including SKY channels cut out 'No satellite signal is being recieved' and then reappear after a while. I have a Amstrad reciever and it has previously gone down with a similar problem which turned out to be the fault of the Amstrad tuner, the reciever was repaired but it seems the same problem is now again emerging. STAY AWAY FROM AMSTRAD RECIEVERS.

Funny thing is i called sky and i was told a new viewing card should fix the problem, shows how much help those tech support people are.

Joe

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 cm dish + Pace 430 on 28.2E
My Location
NW Switzerland
I am having something similar with a DSB30, receiving ITV, 4 & 5, but no BBC TV or radio, maybe a problem with 2D?. Was okay until 2 hours ago, just when I wanted to watch The Good Life! I tried switching the cable to another box, thinking that I would be able to see 2D, but no joy. Will try some of the simple solutions and maybe just wait. Will post an update later/tomorrow.

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW Switzerland
I solved it by pulling out the power cable and letting the box re-boot :-) Easiest thing to try first.

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW Switzerland
I would like to revive this thread,as my DSB30 is really playing silly buggers now. I have read in the thread about a number of possible causes and solutions, but am no electronics expert. Is it likely that there is a common cause and a simple test for it? In my case, reboot works for a while,and sometimes channel hopping brings the signal back. If this famous filter thingy would work, where would I get one?

Thanks
:cool:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
follow the link above and insert satcure, or do a google or webferret search for panafix, all of these actions will take you to the same site.:) What LNB are you using, as replacing this for a non-affected make would probably also cure your problem.

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW Switzerland
rolfw said:
follow the link above and insert satcure, or do a google or webferret search for panafix, all of these actions will take you to the same site.:) What LNB are you using, as replacing this for a non-affected make would probably also cure your problem.

Thanks Rolf for the usual good advice :-cheers I looked at the satcure pages and now have a whole list of things to check as possible causes. As regards the LNB,this particular unit is connected to a standard Sky minidish (which may also be part of the problem, but it has worked well for nearly two years), so I guess the LNB is a standard one. I have a second dish and digital receiver,so could switch them round if necessary, but realigning both dishes would be a pain in the ({}) .

I am now trying the 'let the digibox cool down overnight' test. Will keep you posted :D

brods

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a 5yr old Grundig box in Frankfurt. I used to get great reception on all channels, but then I started losing some. Recently the BBC disappeared as did ITV and Paramount. I still get all the movie channels and strangely enough Paramount2, but now the costly Disney channels are getting jumpy too..next to go.

Speedbird

Reaction score
Similar problem here. BBC1/2 UTV/CH4/CH5 all ok two days ago now only BBC1 and CH4 normal
Others say "no satellite signal being received."
Thought it might be LNB problem as when I put
same box on alternative dish everything works fine.
Am I correct in my diganosis ???
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Speedbird

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be possiblyLNB, general alignment or perhaps cable/connectors.

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW Switzerland
My problem seems to be solved simply by switching off once overnight.

Speedbird, you should check out the Satcure web pages mentioned earlier:
http://www.the-plumber.net/