No Signal at all

sambhi92

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 97cm with 0.2db Inverto Black Ultra LNB with Technomate 2100 motor
My Location
Essex, London
hey guys,

I've just had to replace my dish, and i cant seem to be getting any signal on any sats, not even 28e, it just says 0 on my DM800 Clone.

I would have though if it was an alignment issue, i would still get atleast a little signal, but im getting nothing.

The wires are all ok, and the lnb was an inverto 0.2db which was new, i changed it back to my TM gold one when the inverto didnt work, and still nothing.

Do you maybe know why im not getting anything?

Cheers for help.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Check all F connectors again _ you've more likely got an open circuity (not making proper contact) or a short-circuit (wisp of braid touching centre core or centre core has missed the female part of the socket and bent over).

Does the dish move when you place a demand on it by changing Satellites using the Receiver? If so, your problem is likely to be with the Motor >> LNB cable. If not, then suspect the Receiver >> Motor cable.

sambhi92

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, London
Cheers for reply.

It does move when i tell it to, but show no signal.

I've check all F connectors and they seem ok, would be it worth it to just remake a few connectors and try them? OR could it be the LNB port in the motor

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As the motor moves, your best bet is to completely remove and refit the connectors at both ends of the cable from the motor to the LNB.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whilst getting someone to watch the signal strength on your receiver, put your hand over the LNB cap and see if it shows any movement. If it does, then best to drive the dish to your reference satellite and realign by adjusting the elevation on the dish and the dish around the motor stub. As not all dishes have the same offset, you could be a couple of degrees too low or too high for the arc.

sambhi92

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, London
Cheers guys.

I remade new connectors and still the same thing.

I took the dish off, and re aligned it, I changed the elevation and went to 28e and tried to move it about, tried skewing the lnb aswell, nothing at all.

Sounds like I've tried everything and no luck.

Any more ideas. Cheers for help guys.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Have you tried a new piece of cable?
I would re-make all the connections, you can quite easily cut off all the braid, from the wire, when screwing on a F Connector, I did it myself, due to the tight fit, and got no signal.

sambhi92

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, London
Mickha said:
Have you tried a new piece of cable?
I would re-make all the connections, you can quite easily cut off all the braid, from the wire, when screwing on a F Connector, I did it myself, due to the tight fit, and got no signal.
Right I see, tried that mate, still no luck.

I'll try and get someone to come and have a look.