No signal on 10773H

Neil Paxton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish, dual LNB's, Echostar 616
My Location
Essex, UK
Having finally solved ongoing Astra 28.2 reception problems by replacing the Disecq 2x1 switch, everything now seems to be working as it should, EXCEPT on transponder 10773H which of course has BBC2, 3 & 4 on it. I just get the dreaded "no signal" message, although the indicator is showing 0% strength, it is showing 87% quality !!!!?? How can this be correct? I have checked all the transponders listed in the receiver and all the other ones that show no signal have no channels allocated to them anyway.
Anyone any idea why 10773H is the only transponder I am not receiving?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
That is a bit of a puzzler, but just out of curiosity do you have a Dect phone at home? it has been reported many times that they can block specific frequencies. Try doing a search for dect and reading the threads. Failing that perhaps someone else has an idea?

Neil Paxton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish, dual LNB's, Echostar 616
My Location
Essex, UK
toppervte33h said:
That is a bit of a puzzler, but just out of curiosity do you have a Dect phone at home? it has been reported many times that they can block specific frequencies. Try doing a search for dect and reading the threads. Failing that perhaps someone else has an idea?
Yes I do have a Dect phone although it's not near the receiver, it's at the opposite end of the room. Would that only affect one frequency though? Searching through various related topics on the forum have now got me thinking about other possibilities:
1) The coax is the same that I used with my analogue system
2) Both TV and Sat coax go into a wall plate
3) It appears from what I have read that BBC2, 3 and 4 are VERY alignment sensitive. The LNB for Astra 28.2 is on an offset bracket which is about 6" long, attached to the centre pole on the dish. Could this be the problem I wonder? Perhaps I should buy a new bracket that puts both LNB's just either side of the centre?
Sorry of these questions seem basic but I am a newcomer to the joys (?) of digital satellite.:(

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Neil Paxton said:
Yes I do have a Dect phone although it's not near the receiver, it's at the opposite end of the room. Would that only affect one frequency
though?
Absolutely, only way to be sure is to deactivate it and remove batteries from handsets.

Neil Paxton said:
The coax is the same that I used with my analogue system

Should be ok if not twisted or damaged or full of water.

Neil Paxton said:
The LNB for Astra 28.2 is on an offset bracket which is about 6" long, attached to the centre pole on the dish. Could this be the problem I wonder? Perhaps I should buy a new bracket that puts both LNB's just either side of the centre?
A photgraph posted here would help us to visualise this even if taken with a mobile phone