NO SIGNAL on a Mtorized System.HELP!

I have a 1m motorised dish and a technomate tm-5500 ci super. everything worked fine untill i decided to upgrade the software for the receiver using the dtc link. now the receiver fails to move the dish and i get no signal on evey sat. the signal bar shows 70-75 but the quality bar shows 10 at all times. im really stuck on this. i always changeed the software on the receiver, this is the first time this has happend. can any1 plz help?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may need to zero the dish and start again with your satellite positions, some firmware updates destroy the dish settings.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There should be a command in the motor setup menu to send the dish to a reference point, or zero.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Should be no need to do that, you simple need to set the motor to zero and then find the satellites again, if that is the problem.

im really not familiar with the technical side of these things. how do i set the motor to zero. i have looked on my receiver menu but there is nothing as such. and i dont understand why i get a good signal and a bad quality reception.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You probably get a signal but no quality, because you are on the wrong satellite, which satellite did you leave the receiver on before you flashed the software?

it was on hotbird. but now whatever sat i choose there is no signal. i have 2 receivers and none of the move the dish. one shudnt anyway but the one that is supposed to do so doesnt. there shud b a way for the receiver to signal the motor like u said, i just dont know how.