No signal on Nokia 9200s

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Hi fellers! I need a little help here. I have a Nokia Mediamaster 9200s with DVB2000 installed. When I switch on I get the bootup sequence but no picture. Have tried a reset and have loaded the latest channel list but still no signal. Tried the cable with an Echostar3000 and received a perfect picture. Anyone that can offer this old gentleman any help will certainly be more than appreciated.
Thank you.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does the unit have a signal strength display, if it has, is there any signal showing, if not is the LNB outlet putting out a voltage, should be around 13v for vertical and around 18v Horizontal.

Rolf

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Sorry rolfw, you have me at a disadvantage, I am not technically minded,just a plug and play guy. I assumed that if one satellite receiver, ie the Echostar worked with the satellite equipment that I have,the Mediamaster would do the same. Have read all I can on the DVB2000 translation pamphlet, even tried a new search. All I get then is no signal. Sorry I could not be of more help, perhaps sending it away to someone,(but who would be the best?) would be the answer. Anyway thank you for your assistance.You're very kind.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Allan, have you had the receiver working at all, or is it new to you?

Rolf

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
It has worked in the past but I bought a new Echostar and with such a choice of programmes using Seca/Irdeto and Via cams I decided to give the Nokia a rest. I have only just decided to have a look at it again, as you can appreciate, I don't really need it but that wanting to experiment bug sort of gets to you doesn't it?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
May be worth having a look in the setup menu if you can bring it up. Go in to LNB setup, and make sure that the LNB is set to Universal, 9.750 Low band 10.600 High band, also check that the power is on and 22Khz tone switching.

Rolf

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Hi rolfw. I guess you might say that I have given up. I downloaded the DVB2000 operating manual and looked for some sort of help there. It didn't really offer a lot of assistance so I shall give it a rest for a while. I haven't quit,I'm just a little too old for this new technology.
Thank you for the time and help. Until the next query or problem.
Allan.