No Signal on PACE - After 2 weeks not pointing at 28deg

T

Tigerasss7

I have a Pace DIGI BOX - its IF looped through a Strong 4375 Multisat System with a 1.2 M Dish - I went on holiday & left the DISH pointing a 30 DEG W - HIPSAT. Now when I move the Dish back to 28 DEG for SKY the DIGI BOX wont reactivate ?

NO SIGNAL - I know there is a signal !!!!!!!!!!

Any Ideas

Does a Digi Box always need to be facing 28 DEG

I know the signals good from 28 deg because my Strong gets all the FTA channels - TCM etc with 100% DATA - 75% SIGNAL I have a signal meter built into the strong.

Any Ideas to get SKY BACK ??????????

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
A simple test that you can try is to re connect the lnb directly to the Digibox just to ensure that the loop through is not causing a problem. ( providing that you ahve a universal lN:cool:

Some times there can be problems when the digibox does not
" see" a signal for several weeks.

Also have tried recently disconnecting the digibox reciever from the mains? this normally helps reset.

regards

Old Satellite

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
In fact Sky 'ping' the digiboxes once a month and expect a signal back. One effect this can have is to stop the auto ordering of PPV movies. You could give them a call and ask for a manual 'ping'. One way of forcing the signal to 'look at' your box is as follows

1. Turn it off completely
2. Remove the sky card and re-insert it upside down
3. Turn the box back on and then if/and when requested for the card, insert it the right way up.

Might work, otherwise call them as I said above.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the old problem, digiboxes do not like being off satellite and will invariably need a mains disconnection reset before locking on again.