No signal quality - satellite found message

MIsterKew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Incomplete (as yet)
Following an earlier thread, in what I now think was the wrong forum..

I have a Pace "sky"digibox- (with the Blue card and yellow house ,) and have aligned a blagged 1.8 meter centre feed dish on Astra 2 - 28 degs ( confirmed via a Porty 2 reciever from Lidl, borrowed from a friend)...

BUT

I keep getting the no signal found message, and am unable to get any signal Quality( on the pace digibox) ( strength at 100% on both recievers) and therefore I presume NO Lock..

However the box from Lidl shows over 50 % signal quality.

I am new to all this and getting very confused

I am in Crete in Greece BTW and so appreciate I am on the edge of reception

also on the porty 2, I get no sky channels , they all show as "premium" - Again,i presume this is due to the firmware on the porty 2 or the fact that there is no decoder in it ?

I have tried alternative default tranponders, to no avail...

I seem to remember somewhere reading that becuase the box has not been used for a few months , it may need "waking up", could this be the source of my trouble,and if so what does it entail.

Thanks for taking the time to read what has become an "Epic Posting " :-)

If any one needs more info to assist me feel free to ask......

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dish size 1.8m in Crete? Isn't that too small for 28.2°E - let alone Astra 2D?

Mark.

MIsterKew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Incomplete (as yet)
According to my local dealer it is OK

He reckons to have fitted 1.4m offset dishes successfully .(although mine is prime focus) does this make a difference?

I have just had a thought....,maybe I should be trying Astra 1 on 18 degs.

I basically would like to get Sky News,CNN, MTV BBc ,ITV Ch4 ,BBC prime/BBC world or any other interesting english speaking channels.

Any comments advice on either posts accepted gratefully

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unless you go for a much bigger dish you will not get BBC C4, C5 or ITV, you may need to change the default transponder on the digibox to one on the Southern Beam, to get a signal reading.

MIsterKew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Incomplete (as yet)
Could you supply the optimim default transponder please, for me to try.

My list of transponders tried currently runs at 8 or 9, I have acquired these from various places on the net,but none seem to work.

MIsterKew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Incomplete (as yet)
Thanks, do i need to alter the symbol rate and FEC too, the info ie transponder freq, just gives the freq and V or H...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

amineplus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Very Amateur
Hi everyone, was just wondering if i could the uk freeview channels with Humax 5300 and the same dish i am using to get other international channels (Astra & Hotbird).

Many thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can receive the free to air channels, but unless you use a Dragon CAM and a Freesat card, you will not at the moment be able to watch the ITVs, Ch4 and 5 channels.

It will also depend on where you are as to how much you will receive.