No Signal

mysteronuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital Mini satellite
My Location
United Kingdom
I purchased a Digital Mini-Satellite-System yesterday and when trying to set it up, today, I couldn't get a signal!

The Antenna was tried in a variety of Elevations & Azimuth, mainly trying to contact Astra1 19º E or 28º E but, all I got was a Reading of Signal Intensity 38% & Signal Quality of 11%! Even when I put my hand over the LNB the readings never changed!!!

I am a Radio Ham so I would have expected some change in the readings! There are no feeder shorts etc. as that was the first thing I thought of.

The 'Box' seems to work OK, and I made sure that the Settings were correct, in case the LNB was set as 'Off'! You therefore deduce that the Connection to the TV is OK!

Despite all sorts of Scans the Readings never changed so, has anybody any ideas, other than taking it back to where I got it from?

Thanks,

Ron

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Ron,

Have moved your post here as you need to look at the "sticky" threads at the start of this section about installing satellite dishes. :)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
also did you move the lnb clockwise as you need to skew the lnb to get the best signal

mysteronuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital Mini satellite
My Location
United Kingdom
Sorry, what do you mean by 'Sticky Threads' and where do I find them?

Ron

mysteronuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital Mini satellite
My Location
United Kingdom
Oh yes, and I did get a picture, eventually, and had no need of twisting the LNB

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
mysteronuk said:
Sorry, what do you mean by 'Sticky Threads' and where do I find them?

Ron

Sticky threads are the threads at the top of the forum sections, usually labelled "Sticky" or have a Drawing pin on the right hand side of the title, these are threads which don't move when a new thread is posted and remains "stuck" at the top of the list... :)

mysteronuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital Mini satellite
My Location
United Kingdom
Nothing to read. can you give me a path?

R

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
mysteronuk said:
Nothing to read. can you give me a path?

R

In this section, at the very top of the list is "Setup the dish".... ;)