No Sky News!!

rommel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Living in Hanover, Germany, I know I'm on the fringes of reception with my mini dish, but have still always been able to pick up all channels - even those transmitted from 2D (BBC etc).

Since two days ago, however, I am unable to receive Sky News, Sky One, Channel 4 etc, to name but 3. ITV and BBC are still all working wonderfully.

What could have happened over the last two days. Is it a problem with astra, or with my receiver setup?

In the past, Sky News has always seem to have given one of the strongest signals. Any suggestions?

Rommel

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Just a hunch but,if you have already powered off then on and still same results,then go to Lnb settings and see if the high band is 10.60 or not.Let us know asap please. :)

rommel said:
Living in Hanover, Germany, I know I'm on the fringes of reception with my mini dish, but have still always been able to pick up all channels - even those transmitted from 2D (BBC etc).

Since two days ago, however, I am unable to receive Sky News, Sky One, Channel 4 etc, to name but 3. ITV and BBC are still all working wonderfully.

What could have happened over the last two days. Is it a problem with astra, or with my receiver setup?

In the past, Sky News has always seem to have given one of the strongest signals. Any suggestions?

Rommel

rommel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've powered off, then on; taken the lnb cabel out and put it back in again - no joy.

The LNB setting to which you refer - where can I find it? (If its the 'special' power up sequence, I've forgotten it - please help!)

Rommel

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Press services,4,0,1 then select then scroll down to lnb settings and press select

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Its the right setting I'm afraid.Its just that I had somebody today with the same problem as you and their lnb setting had changed itself and was not getting any highband channels(his was on 10.75.Is your 22kh tone on? If it is then it might be your lnb stuck in low band or your digibox not giving out the 22khz tone.or dodgy cable/connection at lnb end.

rommel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its a panasonic.

Is it a case of just wiggling the cable at the lnb end, or should I take a more scientific approach?!?

Are Sky News, Channel Four, Sky One etc etc all "high band"?

rommel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For anyone following this thread, I've just realigned the minidish to optimise the signal and signal quality resulting in being able to now receive all channels again.

But how can this be?!?!?!?

I sit in the middle of the footprint for 2A and 2B and am on the fringes/in a lobe for 2D. By definition, I should be getting a stronger signal from 2A and 2B than from 2D and this has always been the case (bad weather conditions affecting 2D channels only).

Have the 2A and 2B footprints changed recently?

Has transponder power been reduced on 2A and 2B recently?

Is there something out there interfering with the 2A and 2B satelllites?

Could it be a skew problem on my LNB?

As I seem to be the only bugger suffering from this problem, I guess it must have something to do with the LNB.

Unless YOU know anything different...............................

'til next time!

Rommel

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You said it yourself,you realigned the dish which means it must have moved a fraction the other way.there are four satellites side by side upthere,and if you were pointing to ,say, the furthest to the right then you are receiving a weaker signal from the leftmost satellite etc