Help Required No U.K. Channels on 28e

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gilbertini 1.5m with C120 Quad LNB Triax TD110cm ,80cm,and 50cm dishes. Inverto Black Ultra and Smart Titanium LNB,s Humax HDR-1000S ,Humax PVR, Humax HD , Pace Sky Box. SilverCrest SL65 (28.2E and -5W)
My Location
Gers, S W France
Then you've ruled out a problem with the LNB, regarding Horizontal, and Vertical polarities?
You have stated that your friend gets 88% signal quality on Sky News, is this on 12207 V 27500?
What are his signal quality readings on Talking Pictures, 11538 V 22000, and Keep it Country, 11082 H 22000? Both listed on the EU beam.
Yes 12207 V 27500 not tried any otherTp,s going back tomorrow so can check

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gilbertini 1.5m with C120 Quad LNB Triax TD110cm ,80cm,and 50cm dishes. Inverto Black Ultra and Smart Titanium LNB,s Humax HDR-1000S ,Humax PVR, Humax HD , Pace Sky Box. SilverCrest SL65 (28.2E and -5W)
My Location
Gers, S W France
Good pictures on Pick tv, all the news channels 202-210 NBC NHK RT etc ch 306 talking pics ok but did not check all EU beam TP,s

Last edited:

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240cm Raven Offset, Invacomm Quad LNB;
120 cm Kathrein PF Polarmount, Kathrein Quattro LNB
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
49.77N;11.41E Pottenstein, Germany
Pick TV and Sky News are in the high band. Have you had any luck with 11112 H?

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gers, S W France
Pick TV and Sky News are in the high band. Have you had any luck with 11112 H?
Will check tomorrow , but ok on 11225V NHK and RT news

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Any answers?
That seems very low for a dish that big on a European beam transponder. How did you connect your meter to the LNB? Using a known, good patch lead? Or was some of the existing downlead used?

Was the known working LNB still working after it was taken away? It could have co-incidentally decided to fail just at that point!

Pressed steel dishes do deteriorate with rust on the reflective surface. This is normally a problem near to the sea. Other deterioration possible is distortion, say by a heavy hailstorm or vandalism. This should be obvious though. What type of dish is this 1.25m one?

When playing around with the LNBs did you make sure that the skew was correctly adjusted? Getting this wrong could have exactly the kind of effect that this setup is showing.

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gers, S W France
Stand alone patch lead, remade F connectors. Just checked my 1.5 m gilbertini with C120 quad and TP 12200V 74 % S and 90 % Q so not that low in this location. LN B was my previous unit Black Ultra quad, it would be a coincidence indeed. Will check everything again tomorrow Saturday if the rain holds out.

A

archive10

Yes and disconnected the cable to the tv, it made about 2/3 % difference to the sky news Tp but no EU signal the New LNB was my spare black ultra quad.
(I'm not quite sure I follow you - what do you mean "no EU signal"? I am guessing you mean "no UK spot beam signals"?)

In any case, from what you state, you have done all the right moves:

1) tried a different LNB (no difference to either STB or meter)
2) tried a different lead (no difference to either STB or meter)
3) tried re-aligning the dish (azimuth and elevation, one after another, plus skewing the LN:cool:.
4) compared meter to you home setup (where it works)

If you can answer affirmative to all of the above, and believe you have done them all fully, then I can only speculate that the dish has been hit by a heavy bird or something warping it sufficiently out of shape to allow reception of Europe-Ku beams, but not enough for UK spot-beams.

Can you show us pictures from the installation, please?
It would make things a lot easier to address...

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Yes we still don't know what dish this is.
Pressed steel dishes do deteriorate with rust on the reflective surface. This is normally a problem near to the sea. Other deterioration possible is distortion, say by a heavy hailstorm or vandalism. This should be obvious though. What type of dish is this 1.25m one?
And specifically the skew.
When playing around with the LNBs did you make sure that the skew was correctly adjusted? Getting this wrong could have exactly the kind of effect that this setup is showing.

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gers, S W France
(I'm not quite sure I follow you - what do you mean "no EU signal"? I am guessing you mean "no UK spot beam signals"?)

In any case, from what you state, you have done all the right moves:

1) tried a different LNB (no difference to either STB or meter)
2) tried a different lead (no difference to either STB or meter)
3) tried re-aligning the dish (azimuth and elevation, one after another, plus skewing the LN:cool:.
4) compared meter to you home setup (where it works)

If you can answer affirmative to all of the above, and believe you have done them all fully, then I can only speculate that the dish has been hit by a heavy bird or something warping it sufficiently out of shape to allow reception of Europe-Ku beams, but not enough for UK spot-beams.

Can you show us pictures from the installation, please?
It would make things a lot easier to address...
Yes to all the above,I had it down to the dish itself . Returning today for another check. Sorry for confusion "no EU signal should read no U.K. Beambut I only have my triax 110 dish to hand and it may not be big enough.not sure what make dish at the faulty location.will take pics

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gers, S W France
Yes we still don't know what dish this is.

And specifically the skew.
I don't know what make of dish,and the skew. Has. Been adjusted several times also when changing the LNB

ExIcom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gers, S W France
A friend asked me to help, they are receiving sky news etc on the EU beam but no channels at all from the U.K. Beam. My elderly trimax meter shows 82% signal and 88% quality on sky news, but absolutely nothing on any U.K. Channels. We tried realigning the dish replacing the Lnb with a known working one but still no U.K. Beam. It apparently it did work ok until recently, do dishes themselves deteriorate ? We are in SW France, and I live relatively close and mine is ok and not noticed any deterioration of signal.
Sorry for the delay in replying. I got hit on the head with a flying lump of wood. Went back this afternoon and replaced the 125 dish with my Triax TD 110. Result 60% signal and 50% quality on U.K. Beam until it started raining. On closer inspection on the ground the 125 definitely is distorted you an see it on the rim. Not sure if it is storm damage or a bird strike but enough to reduce the gain of the dish not enough to loose the EU signal. Prize goes to st1 merci beaucoup

Last edited:
A

archive10

On closer inspection on the ground the 125 definitely is distorted you an see it on the rim. Not sure if it is storm damage or a bird strike but enough to reduce the gain of the dish not enough to loose the EU signal. Prize goes to st1 merci beaucoup
Not at all.
Just glad to hear you got it sorted.
There's few things more frustrating that when something that should work just doesn't.
Thanks for updating the thread.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah that is good news that you have managed to identify the issue. Nice one