No vertical 2d in south east Sweden

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Hi!

I am using a 100 cm Gibertini with MTI T2(grey),Humax 8100 PVR in south east of Sweden.Horisontal transponders work wery well 24 hours a day exept in heavy rain or heavy snow but i get nothing from the vertical transponders,
any suggestions for improvements?

The Swede.

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
steffan_st said:
Hi!

I am using a 100 cm Gibertini with MTI T2(grey),Humax 8100 PVR in south east of Sweden.Horisontal transponders work wery well 24 hours a day exept in heavy rain or heavy snow but i get nothing from the vertical transponders,

The Swede.

Hi
You would need a bigeer dish. The difference between the vertical and the horizontal trsp is aprox 3dB. A 180 cm dish should do the trick.

Cheers
Huffin the Puffin

PS Which channels on 2D are you trying to get? Today with a non-Sky digibox you will not be able to get more channels if you get the vertical trsp (if you don't count some of regional variations on BBC)

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Thank you for the info Puffin!
Like you said it was the regional variations I was after.Did not know about the 3 dB difference.
puffin said:
Hi
You would need a bigeer dish. The difference between the vertical and the horizontal trsp is aprox 3dB. A 180 cm dish should do the trick.

Cheers
Huffin the Puffin

PS Which channels on 2D are you trying to get? Today with a non-Sky digibox you will not be able to get more channels if you get the vertical trsp (if you don't count some of regional variations on BBC)

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
steffan_st said:
Hi!

The Swede.

Please check the thread I started a little while ago...some interresting reading about 2D in the south of Sweden
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5818
Hope that is some help...
Rabbit (Richy)