NO/WEAK SIGNAL TECHNOMATE

nicamcoop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate box
My Location
UK
People have 2 satellite dishes and two technomate boxes each linked to 2 separate TVs.

One TV got the "NO/WEAK SIGNAL" sign coming up.

Eventually the other TV did as well.

Cannot get any programmes on any TV at all. This has coincided with the heatwave that we are experiencing in the UK.

I am trying to help but (as the name implies) completely incompetent at technical things. Do I have to call out a technical person or is it possible for me to do it?

Many thanks in advance

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I doubt it's anything weather related unless, perhaps, the LNBs are overheating - after all, they are close to the dish focal point. That said, I've not seen any other reports of seemingly heat related issues.

What I should do first of all is check that the cable connections have remained tight - finger tight should be good enough, but a gentle tweak with an 11mm open-ended spanner won't do any harm.

If that doesn't help, try, with someone else watching the TV, putting very gentle pressure on the LNB arm (from underneath, so you don't impede the signal yourself) - First Up, then Down, then Left, then Right. See if that makes any difference.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Can you please clarify that you have two satellite dishes, and not one satellite dish, with two feeds, from one LNB.
Are your satellite dishes pointing at the same satellite, e.g. Astra 2, 28.2E, or different satellites?

It would be ususual for two dishes to fail, at the same time, either the LNB's, dish movement, or two different cable runs, but it is possible.

If possible please upload some pictures, of your dishes, and LNB's.