NO-ZAP Cam

C

cr0bar

I'm having problems getting a no-zap cam to work on my manhatten skyline 3000 receiver. All it says for type of encryption on the channel is Unknown (4A).

Anyone help?

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've heard of several people having problems with the no zap cams crObar, now whether there has been a faulty batch or there are compatibility problems is a different matter. Have you tried resetting the cam by switching the power off and on again a couple of times?

C

cr0bar

The cam is accepted by the box. When you go into the CI menu it shows the name of the cam and the s/n.

I have contacted both no-zap and the receiver makers. Hopefully will be able to get a firmware patch before the week is up.

Ta for the reply :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Be interested in hearing the outcome crObar.

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
No-Zap on Astra19.2 actually tells that not all CI recievers are compatible, I don't remember which, but it was a long list of CI recievers. I can't check it now because I'm listening to music on 26.0East, and I don't have a motor so it is confusing to manually change the position 10 times aday.

C

cr0bar

Oh bloody hell...i just forked out on a receiver and cam and now it ain't going to work.

*sighs*

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
There is a bit of news on No-Zap which may help you cr0bar if you don't already know. The channel has had uplink problems leaving some viewers without a service. To combat this it has launched a second TP on Hotbird (13deg E) at 12.520Ghz (SR: 27500, FEC:3/4). Best of luck.

Jimbo