Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon,Vantage,azbox plus,spiderbox 9000
receivers.Vbox, CM 1.2 dish,
1224HH mount,c120 lnb
with CM feedhorn.
My Location
Manchester, England
Can anyone explain the diffence in noise levels in diseqc motors and 36 volt motors.I currently have a diseqc motor which i find more than acceptable,but before i buy either a 1224 h-h mount or a polar mount and actuator i need to know whether they are unacceptably loud.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi bobon, and welcome to the forum. :)

Although it is true that DiSEqC motors on the whole are quieter than their larger 36V cousins they can be noise minimised to a certain extent and of course the timing of movement will matter also.

Can we ask why you are changing your setup ?

L.:)

bobon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon,Vantage,azbox plus,spiderbox 9000
receivers.Vbox, CM 1.2 dish,
1224HH mount,c120 lnb
with CM feedhorn.
My Location
Manchester, England
Hi Lancelot, thanks for a quick reply. My reason for upgrading is frustration when trying to find feeds and getting picture breakup, the signal always seems to be just that little bit too weak. I also dreamed for many years to own a channel master dish and i just came into enough money to buy one. My problem is neighbours, i just dont want to annoy them with a noisy motor.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you wont get as much noise with a channel master dish on a 1224 motor as its fibreglass unlike steel dish that will resonate noise when the dish moves

robbieb43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
London: 1.1m Triax, Stab 100 + 3 fixed 60cm, VU+, Qbox Mini HD, DM800, Echostar HDS600
Canaries: TM 5402, Dm800HD, Qbox Mini HD, DM600, 1.4m, 2 x 1.2M, 1.0m, 0.9m fixed.
My Location
London and Canaries (Costa Teguise)
Hi Bobon

I have just tried quite a few option since the death of my old Lenson heath/12in Superjack combo. This was 15 odd years old and nice and quiet. Long story but I changed to a 1m steel dish and Superjack H2H (SG120) and this was crap IMHO (but not too noisy), so swapped it for new 18in Superjack jack + my current 1.1 steel Triax and it made a terrible racket. Swapped it for Stab H2H and it works great and is quiet. I think different brands of H2H mounts vary noise-wise and the quality of Superjack jacks has gone down hill in my personal experience (though in fairness so has the price!).

I suggest getting some more opinions/reports before you buy.

Cheers

Rob

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes Superjacks uses cheaper metals compared to what they used back in the early 90's.

I guess they need to change as the competition is so hard out there...