Noisy V-Box2 even on standby, is this normal?

noonoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+, V-Box 2, Jaeger Supermount 36v, 1M Dish, Cambridge Platinum LNB, Nova, Diablo 2.3, CAS 3+ :: Amstrad DRX280 Sky+, 45cm Zone1, Quad LNB :: Webro WF100
My Location
London - UK
Hi, ive just purchased a new receiver along with a technomate v-box 2 to replace an old 36v manhattan receiver i had that was playing up.

The new stuff works perfectly but the v-box is noisy and i was wondering if this was normal or a fault. Its constantly humming / vibrating / buzzing even when on standby. Its not loud but enough to notice in the room, its like a quiet electric razor on in the background. If i put my hand on the v-box i can feel it gently vibrating.

So is this to be expected, my old manhatten receiver was whisper quiet whether is was on or off. I dont suppose the people with vbox's could check if their's vibrates also, maybe it does but you havent noticed. Sorry to ask but you only get 7 days to return a product and i know if i phone the shop they will say its normal regardless.

Many thanks in advance

Nick

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Good morning.
Even if it is normal, it isn't NORMAL if you see what I mean.
Electronic boxes are not supposed to vibrate, unless it is something for the ladies. ;)
I would complain and send it back and ask for a different better make that is quieter.

baxter_norway

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD /Hdd/DVD/USB/WiFi
DM800HD /Hdd/USB
DM70000s /Hdd/USB
Nokia9311/Sattracker2.0N
Philips175d
120cm Andrews/CM W/ Jeaeger 1224el
90cm FIBO W/36v motor
70cm Nokia W/USALS
MII
Fun5
My Location
Norway
I have the exact same problem with my Jaeger v-box2, but I've kept it for too long to make a complaint. Doe's anyone know of a fix?

noonoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+, V-Box 2, Jaeger Supermount 36v, 1M Dish, Cambridge Platinum LNB, Nova, Diablo 2.3, CAS 3+ :: Amstrad DRX280 Sky+, 45cm Zone1, Quad LNB :: Webro WF100
My Location
London - UK
Just to update i exchanged the technomate v-box 2 for a superjack v-box 2 and its alot quieter so i guess the technomate i had was faulty, this superjack is still not silent and vibrates a little but not enough to notice in the room. The manhattan 36v receiver i had cost alot more so i guess the build quality is alot better which is probably why it was so silent.

The only downside is this new v-box was advertised by a reputable retailer as a jaeger superjack v-box 2 but after searching these forums it seems its not made by jaeger: http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...48137-inside-picture-v-box-ii.html#post580671

Searching google showed its made by the Ironmade Industrial Company in Hong Kong. It works fine and is quiet enough so for now im gonna live with it but anybody buying a v-box 2 watch out for these being sold as jaegers i have added a pic below.

Attachments

• vbox.jpg
    vbox.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 53