Nokia 5146 unlocking

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes I know its old - and phones really are not my subject

I have the Nokia with the service from 1-2-1 (T mobile) and have been donated a spare handset which is locked with BT Cellnet

Most of the high street shops say it cant be unlocked, and I dont trust the companies advertising out of the Loot paper with flyleads, chip flashes etc etc

Is there someone out there that know if its a code via the keyset, or maybe a download thats somewhat simpler with little or no stripping down

Thanks

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi C.H.

This link shows that it can be unlocked http://www.123unlock.co.uk/. If you know of an independent mobile retailer they will probably unlock it for a tenner. That's what I did on an old model.

Jimbo

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
pardon my complete ignorance but what exactly does unlocking do to the phone? I have heard of people chipping phones and getting free calls, all completely illegal i imagine but what is the difference?

ps
latest info is that the new generation of mobiles will have technology that can be used by the military to track people.
They bounce the signals off all the mobiles and it makes a massive radar so that they can trace people anywhere or so i read somewhere in the net.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Some operators provide a discount on certain phones which is paid for by future line rental or call charges, to protect their ongoing income they have the phones locked to their network. So all unlocking does is free up the phone to be used with other providers.

Reference the second point, an interesting concept and I would guess quite possible, why they'd want to know where I am though. ?

:confused :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
That means I won't be able to take my mobile into the loo anymore.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, quite the opposite with me, if I go to the loo, or get in the shower, the phone rings. I could be sat doing nothing for several hours, but the minute I go to the loo............ :rolleyes:

I keep it with me nearly all of the time now. :)