Nokia 9200

C

cass

HI

Does anyone know if I can upgrade the embedded cam in the Nokia MM9200 to a 3 in 1 or 2 in 1?

Regards

cass

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I thought the CAm in the 9200 and 9500 was removable

Is there a transparent front on the box that can be taken off to reveal a CAM thats higher than the standard item

Or am I imagining it ?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
the (non-CI) CAM in the 9200 & 9500 is indeed removable, though some people refer to it as "embedded" because it is not a truly modular design (can not be used in just any old receiver).

Yes, it can be reflashed with some software called "Amon" to enable Mediaguard & Viaccess (and Betacrypt) as well as the original Irdeto - at least, when the Nokia firmware is also replaced by Dr. Overflow (dvb2000).

This can not be done however by the casual hobbyist. It requires the CAM to be opened and the flash eprom to be removed for flashing.

Various places will do this for you if you do not feel ready to try it yourself.
Search elsewhere on this board, as it has been mentioned before.

2old

C

cass

Hi

I actually found that one can upgrade the cam using vgrabber through a subroutine for the 96xx checkout:

http://sat-digital-tv.provider.pl/starte.htm

and go to information-->Nokia how to.

DVBedit also has somthing about subroutine upload in serial part.

But unfortunately both ask for .sbr files.

I have a .bin file for cam but I need .sbr file to try this.

regards

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
No, and indeed I made this mistake in the past (see threads here of about a month ago)...

The vgrabber/scsi route is for upgrading the CI modules and indeed therefore only applies for CI Nokias (the 96xx series). The 9200 model you first mentioned (and the 9500 too) is equipped with a non-CI module that can NOT be flashed like that.

2ol