nokia 9500s what i can do?

S

scarlatta2

recently i have the nokia 9500s...inside is an pcmcia closed(not zocalo for insert cards)and outside we can read ""beta digital"... at the other part of the deco we have the zocalo for insert the card (in this moment ios inserted an original card that outside we can red too beta digital...i suppossedthis deco is ready for work whit the premier world (is a first an limited version of german irdeto..
so brothers and masters i need some ideas...
what i can do whit this....
untill moment i have not idea about dvb2000...i read
and read all the posts and i think that i can changing the software ij order to can use this deco like an free deco...take off this pcmcia(beta digital)
and insert and other pcmcia (aston)and used whit it?...
so, 2old,jimmy and all the people that always answer to
the brothers.....what is the best opcion for it?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The "pcmcia" slot on a Nokia 9500 is actually a slot for a non-CI type Irdeto (or Betacrypt) CAM. Note: a NON-CI. So you can NOT insert an Aston CI CAM (or any other CI-CAM) into that slot.

The dvb2000 (or Dr.Overflow) software is intended to replace the firmware of the receiver itself, not the CAM. It gives you access to features which the standard Nokia firmware keeps "hidden".
To load DVB2000 you must first of all replace the so-called "Bootloader" in the receiver. That requires a hardware interface (a BDM-interface). Unless you do this first, the old Nokia bootloader will not allow you to load the new dvb2000 firmware.

2old

D

deltamdx

is there any way to watch SECA on this type of receiver. I've was told by another source that i can flash the CAM to a ALLCAM and use the DS9 Project software on it.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
indeed you can.
In fact, Alfredo has just produced a goldwafer fileset which allows that (see my post oif a few days ago under Smartcards)
2old

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Hang on, before I go muddying the waters...

The DS9 project files, and Alfredo's files require a number of specific modifications to the firmware of the CAM. A standard AllCAM (such as 46se or 47se) is not sufficient.

Irdeto (series-1) CI CAMs can be loaded with FreeCAM2 v0.15 or 0.16 to do the trick.

The embedded Irdeto CAM of a Humax 5400 can be patched (version number escapes me but it's available at the usual hobby sites).

But I don't know of any firmware suitable for loading to the old-fashioned type of non-CI Irdeto CAM used by the Nokia 9500, if that indeed is the receiver model you are interested in.

Anyone else?

2old