Nokia 9600S & Viaccess RedCam V481?

I

Ix

Hi,

Please help me ObiWAnKenobi, You are my only hope !! ;)

I got problems with Nokia 9600S and Viaccess Cam V481. I have
card model of PIC16F84 24LC16B...(like Gold Card).
It Rocks fine with Seca Aston CAM. But now I have a Viaccess RedCam V481.
I cant´t get nothing ;( ... I am using the software Barracuda 105, which should work fine with my V481 RedCam. But no. My Receiver is whining "Please Insert Smart card". It does not detect the card at all.

I have not succeeded with Viaccess at all. I have tried two different kind of Pics PIC16F84-04 and PIC16F84A-20/P. With Barracuda v105 software...No success. I use Picbined program to update the Eeprom (24LC16)
I also tried different PIC-softwares, like Viagold, ViaRed, Redcam1 and strsh. No luck.

What a hell is wrong ?.... I have not slept in two days to trying figure this out...

Please, somebody help me....!

Regards,
Ix

ps. I also tried only one provider solution...Like
"http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID37/99.html"
informed to try... No success.

C

Caveboy

I had the same problem with my topfield 3000CoCi, and found out that poor contact between my goldcard and redcam (v481) was the problem, and but som tape under the goldcard to get better contace, and there it was!

I

Ix

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but this did not work. I tried several layers of wire tape, no luck... I was just wondering that do i need the
DVB2000 software to get my CAMV481 and Goldcard working Ok ?

I can´t get anything with the original Nokia software. My Receiver is whining "Please insert the smartcard" and sometimes "Wrong smartcard inserted"

And I am very positive that my Card is working OK. Because my
Programmer reads it fine and it worked with Aston Cam OK.

Thanks,

Ix

L

LVR

Insist with self adhesive tape but just under the electrical contact not on all card surface (1cm x 1cm area).
It is the way I also solved the contact problem on my Red Cam.

And try to insert de card slowly, or either insert it in the CAM and plug the whole to the receiver.
By generating "Reset and Init" action (posible with DVB 2000 for example) you may also succeed in starting the proccess.

I

Ix

Thanks for your replys...

I have tried many variations of inserting tape under the card and
maybe i got little progress. The receiver is not anymore whining
"Please insert the card" now its whining like this
"Wrong smartcard inserted, Please insert a new one".
This one comes with the Barracuda V105 software.

Any suggestions what is still wrong ?
I have right software and right keys, but still i cant see
nothing....

Thanks,

Ix

ps. Is there any possibility to upgrade Bootloader of the receiver
without the software named Transbox. I got CI106....need B2.00uns for dvb2000.

I

Ix

Hehe... It took about month to figure this out, but finally I got it. I tried another PIC16F84-10/P with 24LC16.. It rocks with Barracuda.
I also upgraded RedCam to V483 via Hotbird.
So no problems anymore.
Thanks to everyone !