Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nokia is offering to replace 46 million batteries for its mobile phones after reports of overheating while charging.

The problems are confined to BL-5C batteries made by Matsushita between December 2005 and November 2006.

More than 250 million BL-5C batteries made for Nokia by other manufacturers are not affected, the company said.

The mobile giant said there had been 100 reports of overheating, and that the problem battery had been used inside more than 50 different phones.

In a statement, the company said: "Nokia has identified that in very rare cases the affected batteries could potentially experience over heating initiated by a short circuit while charging, causing the battery to dislodge."

Nokia said there had been no reports of "serious injuries or property damage" as a result of the overheating.

Customers can check on the Nokia website if the battery in their mobile phone is affected.

"Concerned consumers may want to monitor a mobile device while charging that contains a BL-5C battery subject to this product advisory," the company said.

to check if your battery is affected -

http://www.nokia.com/batteryreplacement/en/

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
THANKS for the NEWS BRO

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I checked mine yesterday, and thankfully it is not affected, but it does seem to be on it's last legs, shame I can't get Nokia to replace it.... :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Mines BL-5C But its made in hungary so it aint effected :(

Needed another battery aswell. :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Yeshi said:
Mines BL-5C But its made in hungary so it aint effected :(

Needed another battery aswell. :(

My phone's internal clock battery's shafted too, every time I take out the main one, the clock and date has to be set again... :(

New phone time!!! :D
(if I had the money!!!)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
lol scv my phone did the same thing when i checked my battery... it can only happen with a crap nokia phone... not bothered though dont pay the bill and its totally free.