Nokia box fused?

S

steford

My Nokia died last night after unplugging from the mains then plugging back in again. Checked the usual - outlet is OK, plug fuse replaced and is OK so it must be the box itself. Can't get in to it as it has special screws with non-standard heads. Any tips on what the problem may be (internal fuse? Hope that's all) and how to get in to it? Thanks.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A Switch mode power supply has one fuse in it but DONT simply change it for another. Its there for your protection, not the box

It will need a repair with probably ten or twelve components and an engineers touch

As for opening it - go to your local car boot sale. There will be a tool provider that sells those hinged boxes with all manner of screwdriver heads for £2. The bit you need will be in there.

Otherwise as its a plastic case a large soldering iron set to 420C. Open the window though

S

steve3123

Hi my nokia did the same to me once.. i spoke to I** Dig**** they said static build up is common in nokia boxes.. the said leave it unplugged for 24 hours.. remove smart card as well. then after a day or so power it back up... but even if the display is blank leave on for an hour then press reset.. the box should boot back up