Nokia dbox help(no satellite)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, another search should fix it, if you do it on 28.2E.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Paddy celt said:
robbo71, i cant reply on the other website for some reason. here is the 1 i bought

ebay 190207692744

Ouch thats expensive for what is a several years old receiver. You can get almost new Bgrade stock from Maplins for about 40 quid.

Paddy celt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky package with movies e.t.c-not that great cause movies r always the same
My Location
Scotland
analoguesat, its my dad he just bought it without even asking me whether it was a good new one. If he told me he was going to get it i could have done some research. i dont think we payed that much for it all i know is that it is the same 1 and from the same guy. what channels should i have when it is working. movies, sport e.t.c. or is this similar to a free view box?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You should get BBC, ITV, shopping, religious rubbish, radio channels etc. No Sports, no movies no pay stuff, no C4 C5 etc.

Roughly speaking its the pale blue stuff on this list:

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If the dish is pointed at 28E, you will just get the Free to Air channels,yes.

I think there are a couple of 'movie' channels, like movies for men, and true movies, I have never watch them though, probably old made for TV films.

On other satellites, maybe more, some investigation would be required.

I wouldn't worry about it just now, see if you can get it so you can watch something first.:)

Paddy celt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
ok im probly going to give it back to him as it is in damaged condition and i thought i was going to get GD channels. Is there a satellite dbox or something else which will provide all th e good channels e.t.c

thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't think the box is damaged, you just need to know how to use it.

If I was asked to advise a novice on which receiver to buy, this one would not be on the list, particularly when running DVB2000, which is not the standard software and designed for people who like a real hands on approach to the hobby.

It is not what I would call user friendly, particularly as it doesn't use standard key functions. I put mine back in the box after a couple of days of fiddling around and having to consult the manual for the most basic of functions, it's sitting on the shelf in the garage (next to the TM9100).

I would personally put it back on ebay and buy a Technomate or similar with the proceeds.

However, whatever you buy, you will not get any more than free to air channels from Astra 28.2, you will have to look at other satellites with a second dish.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Unless you subscribe to Sky or have a dish pointed to other satellites you will never get anything other than the FTA channels from satellite.

With a dish pointable to other satellites, there are various options.:)

Paddy celt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
thanks for the help. i will probly stick with sky. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DISCUSSION NOT PERMITTED

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Paddy celt said:
thanks for the help. i will probly stick with sky. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Paddy, but no discussion of cable TV in this forum. It is in the forum rules.

Gaza 1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3Mtr Laser PF invacom .3 lnb and laser feed horn AD3000VAICP Cards Cams all the other Stuff
Annie 204 Spectrum
My Location
Fetihye S/w Turkey
Hi Paddy what version of dvb2000 do you have, i am sure i have some instructions here some where let me look

S

Super-sub-sebo

Hi can anyone help me, I have just purchased a Nokia Dbox for sat, but cant get any channels at all. Can some one please send me the settings for Scotland.

Alex

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Super-sub-sebo

In order to help you people are going to need more information. What size dish are you connected to , what satellite is it pointing at what channels are you trying to get... as your other equipment in your profile is a c a b l e related, please be aware we do not allow c a b l e talk on this satellite forum.

Super-sub-sebo said:
Hi can anyone help me, I have just purchased a Nokia Dbox for sat, but cant get any channels at all. Can some one please send me the settings for Scotland.

Alex

madhatter12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ned to get all channels on my dbox dvb 2000
My Location
nottingham
hi i just bought a DVB 2000
version 2.00.0 beta 5 and was wondering if u could get all channels or is it just like a free view box if i could get all channel plz could u post some information about how to do it thx in advance madhatter12

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
madhatter12 said:
hi i just bought a DVB 2000
version 2.00.0 beta 5 and was wondering if u could get all channels or is it just like a free view box if i could get all channel plz could u post some information about how to do it thx in advance madhatter12

The dbox is quite old by today's standards, and probably would do no better than as a Freesat box would. The DVB2000 software used to be able to open a lot of channels, but as time has progressed and providers increased the encryption of their channels, it's become less able to do anything due to the slow power of the box, so it's not really worth the money... :)

That is all assuming it is the satellite version, if it is a c*ble version, it's a no go on this forum... :)

madhatter12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nottingham
yes it is a satellite is there any way of getting all the sky channels ?

madhatter12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nottingham
i can get to watch all the free channels but how do i get to watch all the sports channels and box office stuff for free could nayone help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can either get a Sky digibox and subscribe, or buy a receiver capable of cardsharing and try and find a free cardsharing ring, but normally you have to bring something to the table to join.

Your receiver is low-tech now and doesn't pass muster for much more than a free to air receiver.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
You can card share with a Dbox (1) if you are prepared to set it up (which is a bit of a task), and receive pretty much anything that can be shared. What you need is a 50 pin (I think - from recollection) SCSI cable - and a SCSI card in a pc (connected to the internet). This puts the satellite signal as data onto the PC's bus. Then use a DVB viewer (such as DVBdream, Progdvb etc) with the correct device driver. Then you can use emulators (such as V_plug, S2EMU etc) and cardsharing plugins such as Wincsc (under Windows) or even Cccam (if you are prepared to install a Linux virtual machine under Windows - or run Linux as an O/s on the PC) .
This (correctly configured) would give you decrypted signals on your PCs monitor, and with a video output card you could then connect to a normal TV.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Low Profile said:
You can card share with a Dbox (1) if you are prepared to set it up (which is a bit of a task), and receive pretty much anything that can be shared. What you need is a 50 pin (I think - from recollection) SCSI cable - and a SCSI card in a pc (connected to the internet). This puts the satellite signal as data onto the PC's bus. Then use a DVB viewer (such as DVBdream, Progdvb etc) with the correct device driver. Then you can use emulators (such as V_plug, S2EMU etc) and cardsharing plugins such as Wincsc (under Windows) or even Cccam (if you are prepared to install a Linux virtual machine under Windows - or run Linux as an O/s on the PC) .
This (correctly configured) would give you decrypted signals on your PCs monitor, and with a video output card you could then connect to a normal TV.

I think I'd rather lie down on a bed of rusty nails than put myself through that to watch some TV for free :-rofl2