Nokia Mediamaster 9500s - Help!

morgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi all,

I recently found a Nokia Mediamaster 9500s on a local car boot. It seems to work ok, but I don't have a manual or remote control for it. Does anyone know where I can download a manual for this or find a remote. Any other general info about the receiver would be grateful.

Cheers
Morgan

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
All Nokia remotes should work

As for the manual, only the DVB version can be found at the time

http://cnhacktv.001.com.cn/download/Dvb20e05.pdf

You should patch the machine as it has some useful facilities not found in the standard model

morgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi

Thanks for the advice. I managed to get a universal remote control that works with the receiver. My next step is how do I add channels to the receiver. I have a dish pointed at 13E (hotbirds) and would like to watch some channels from it. The receiver looks like it has the original nokia sofware, but that is only a guess as I'm new to this sort of thing. If its any help when the receiver is switched on the LED displays the numbers '23060009' for a few seconds and then 'No2.234' and then goes to the channel. At the moment most of the channels that are stored in it come up with the message 'no signal/bad signal' but some other European channels do work ok, so I guess these channels must be on hotbirds. Basically how do I add more channels from hotbirds?

Sorry for rabbitting on!!

Morgan

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Check that the installation (SET UP) is correct for the LNB you are using.

You will probably have to delete the original channel list as the 92/95 series did have a problem once 250 channels were stroed in the memory. Use the advanced channel seach and click no with Networking

Dont carry out an auto scan as the capacity of the satellites far exceeds the memory of the Nokia

morgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sorry for the late reply.

Ok i've worked my way around the receiver but a few things seem a bit odd. I can add channels to the receiver ok, but on some channels the message NO TS appears on the receiver display. These are FTA channels that my sky digiboc picks up fine but the nokia receiver finds them, puts them in the TV list but when trying to view I get the no ts message. The other thing that is annoying is that I can't seem to add just a few channels of a particular transponder. When I add the details it adds all the channels to the tv list. It also takes ages to delete all the channels 1 by 1.

This receiver has the original nokia software on it and I suspect it requires an update. Is this an easy thing to do for a novice lile myself?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Morgan

morgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
alexdn32 said:
@morgan

Did you manage to find a remote for it, If not i have one for sale.

Thanks Alex I bought one of ebay, but if I can't sort this problem out soon I think I will put the receiver and remote on ebay!!!

A

alexdn32

No problems mate, I hope you get there soon!

Let us know if you do decide to sell it.

Many thanks.