Nokia Upgrade

rikovic

Reaction score
One of my friends who has been on subscription for a year to Sky has cancelled, she is Bosnian and I have found that the Nokia DRX100 can be set up on the custom channels to receive the digital Radio Television Serbia and Croatia Radio & Television. (HRT)(Lyngsat - Hotbird) I have also been able to find the feed for the irdeto encrypted Pink plus TV (Yugoslavian music).

Reading 2old's response to "RE: nokia 9500s what i can do?" It looks like the "Digital Interface slot at the rear is also a "NON-CI" slot for irdeto (& maybe seca?).

What I need to know is what type of irdeto CAM I need to get for her as there are irdeto and irdeto 2 cams and I dont know the difference.

Also what is the architecture of the DRX100 if I could find some easier firmware for her to use it would help.

Many thanks in advance

Rick

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Nokia??
If you are referring to her Sky Digital box then you must actually mean the Amstrad DRX100, since there are no Nokia digiboxes and no Nokia receiver of any descriptin has the type DRX100.

The slot at the back of (all) digiboxes (covered up by a screwed-on metal plate) is a CI interface. You can fit a CI-CAM module in there. It won't do you much good though, since the digibox firmware has never had the capability to recognise it, and never will it seems. It was only put there in the first place as a way of Sky hedgig their bets against some future legal requirement that their equipment should be capable opf picking up trasmissions from other (UK-) providers.

There is no firmware available for the digibox other than that maintained by Sky (and periodically squirted by them into your box over the air, whether you want it or not).

2old

rikovic

Reaction score
Thanks 2old,
Yep Amstrad it is, trying to think and flu just don't mix :-rollen

So the firmware doesn't recognise the CAM slot. I wonder if there are any similar boxes the box is only useful for serbia and montenegran tv (Bosnia's on analogue still) so I can play about with it (the £300 for a new digi rx is too much for her).

Heve to get Tony Blair on the bandwaggon for compulsory cam interfaces:D

If anyone's got some ideas on how the firmware could be read? I've heard you can upgrade on the serial port? but I have not been able to get any info so I'm sceptical.

Thanks anyway sorry for the early yorker!!

Rick