Non Penetrating Roof Mount

mogg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usual Grundig digibox
mesh pc+toshiba laptop
wireless router

Technomate 7755, Triax 85cm dish, Manhattan DiSEqC 120 H to H motor all still in box
My Location
essex
hi all,
I hope you can help me, I have be pesuaded by a friend at work to go down the motorised dish set up and have bought a Technomate 7755 with a triax 85cm dish.

Now being a complete plonker a didnt think where about I was going to mount the dish:-doh! . I have a south facing rear garden ....fine, but the problem is that my house is of the dormer style and I have no verticle surface for a wall mount. mounting it on the ground or on the side of the house is not an option.
So this leaves me with the option of a roof mount on top of the rear dormer. this will be ideal, it couldnt be seen from the garden and would be sheltered from a northerly blow. The mount would have to be non penetrating as i dont fancy repairing leaks in a very expensive asphalt roof

my question to you kind people is that can anyone recommend a mount at reasonable price and what size, as i dont want to go over the top as i have to keep the weight to a minimum (self defeating I know).

thanks in advance
MOGG

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
mogg said:
hi all,
I hope you can help me, I have be pesuaded by a friend at work to go down the motorised dish set up and have bought a Technomate 7755 with a triax 85cm dish.

Now being a complete plonker a didnt think where about I was going to mount the dish:-doh! . I have a south facing rear garden ....fine, but the problem is that my house is of the dormer style and I have no verticle surface for a wall mount. mounting it on the ground or on the side of the house is not an option.
So this leaves me with the option of a roof mount on top of the rear dormer. this will be ideal, it couldnt be seen from the garden and would be sheltered from a northerly blow. The mount would have to be non penetrating as i dont fancy repairing leaks in a very expensive asphalt roof

my question to you kind people is that can anyone recommend a mount at reasonable price and what size, as i dont want to go over the top as i have to keep the weight to a minimum (self defeating I know).

thanks in advance
MOGG

Is the roof flat?

mogg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usual Grundig digibox
mesh pc+toshiba laptop
wireless router

Technomate 7755, Triax 85cm dish, Manhattan DiSEqC 120 H to H motor all still in box
My Location
essex
yes approx 3mx5m tar covered

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Use a J mount stand, normally for wall use, but these can be inverted with a piece of angle iron for the third leg, and then bolted to two kerb stones (40kg ones).

Im not sure about the design of the Manhattan motor, but if they are like the upside down motors from Geotrack (it could be a clone/badged one as Manhattan do not manufacture hardware), then this will lower the height of the system, which is very important on exposed roof systems.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Failing that, you can go for one of These

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
mogg said:
yes approx 3mx5m tar covered
Buy the non-penetrating mount i have.

Its the best on the market but i guess you need to order it from the Netherlands as i did.

Here is the link:

Its the Tegelstatief lower down on the page.

http://www.srts.com/store/view.php3?category=Bevestigings&cartID=20045&sret=

TegelvoetAluminium.jpg

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
rolfw said:
Failing that, you can go for one of These

They seem great with supportlegs on the sides as well....

J

Jeff_19341

Back in my murky past we would lay 6mm "rubberzote sheet" down first, then a sheet of 5 ply marine ply and then put the mount on top of that. We then added the concrete weights. Lost a 2m fibre glass dish during the gales of 1987 but the base never moved, and that was 200 ft above ground level.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Doesn't U.K dish guidelines only apply to fixed dish installation??

Using a mount like the above would mean the dish is removable and not fixed which would mean you can put whatever size you like on it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They would probably take that as splitting hairs, now if you put wheels on it...... :)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
:D paint a star inside the dish and cover the pole with christmas decor and tinsel

mogg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usual Grundig digibox
mesh pc+toshiba laptop
wireless router

My Location
essex
thanks chaps
i think i will try to contact the company in holland

MOGG