Noob : Digital/Analogue LNB ?

BigDutch#1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
NW London, UK
Mother-in-law had an analogue system for Greek speaking stations but all the channels gradually stopped broadcasting (assume gone to digital) .... only thing we can pick up now is some French radio (i think!).

She has 1m (approx) dish and two LNB going into a box on back of dish which then has one coaxial cable output into the STB.

Anyway i`m thinking that i`ll take my Sky box around there and plug it in (Dish "looks" like it points in same direction as Sky mini-dish next door) and be able to watch the extra channels.

Are there any differences between analogue lnb and digital lnb ?

Should a straight swap of STB work ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know, the Greek channels are on 39E Hellas Sat and 13E Hotbird, there would appear to be more in the clear on Hellas Sat. http://www.lyngsat.com/hellas2.html

Your old LNB may be suitable for digital transmissions (must be a universal and will probably say on it), but the Sky digibox would not be ideal, particularly if you want to view two satellites. Digital receivers are pretty cheap at the moment anyway.