noob here, need help with ic slot on new tv!

panyan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAMSUNG LE32A455
My Location
LONDON
i just got a new samsung and it has freeview. I really want to watch the discovery channel but dont want to pay. Is there something i can buy to shove in the ic slot to get discovery and other channels?

pm me if there is something i need to know that is not forum rules please - im deeperate coz i cant watch discovery now that i cant afford sky!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
FreeView (Top Up TV) isnt hacked so you either pay or you do without.

Your choice.

Nobody can pm you - you dont have enough posts & havent been a member long enough!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
That's putting it simple terms A/S LOL :-rofl2

It will be a 1 MIX basic package from Sl<y for the above channel if your desperate :D

panyan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAMSUNG LE32A455
My Location
LONDON
i was reading about cards that can be hacked to put into the cam slot and then you could get all channels - whats that about then?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sorry mate - which bit of "FreeView (Top Up TV) isnt hacked so you either pay or you do without" isnt clear??

panyan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAMSUNG LE32A455
My Location
LONDON
it is perfectly clear, i was asking about a cam writer that i had heard about that can write to cam cards to unlock all channels, if that is the same thing then i am SORRY!

i am also sorry that this forum has such an unsympathetic administrator!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
panyan said:
it is perfectly clear, i was asking about a cam writer that i had heard about that can write to cam cards to unlock all channels, if that is the same thing then i am SORRY!

There is no such thing as being able to unlock ALL channels. Although certain packages on other satellites can be.:)

No-one in their right mind is going to be sympathetic to ANYONE who wants to hack Sky or Freeview, you will find the same on almost every other Satellite forum. Some forums you would get banned for even daring to ask!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
panyan said:

I'm not an admin or mod, but I can say that it it completely pointless for anyone to try to hack TUTV as there's so little content available, and at last check Discovery wasn't even on the EPG anymore!!! Any Discovery programmes transmitted over terrestrial waves are only available via their Anytime box, so, if you want Discovery, pay for it via sky or VirginMedia. Simple as that... :)

CAMs and cards are normally reprogrammed for satellite & cable, the latter of which is not allowed to be discussed here, satellite has much more varied international content (I.E. not sky UK!!!) and has more interest than just UKTV Style & Gold... :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im sympathetic to all our members - but many of us do get a tad irked when folk dont like the answer they have been given, and try to get a different answer.

As 2cv says we are one of the few forums that allow the general discussion (only) of breaking uk encryptions, although many members wont touch it with a 40' bargepole. I can think of half a dozen forums where you account would have been nuked just for asking that question.

We are a British based forum and the forum admins, mods and owners do not wish to be visited by HM plod force for encouraging anything too hazardous.

Having said that - UK tv (satellite and dtt) encryptions are secure so subscribe or do without - its up to you.

panyan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAMSUNG LE32A455
My Location
LONDON
so if it cannot be hacked, why are there so many threads in this forum? if nothing can be done, why are we here? there must be development somewhere.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nobody said it can't, just that it isn't.

Why must there be development somewhere? The package you are talking about is topup TV and to be quite honest, it is so small, that probably nobody feels it is worth trying.

If you want to have a go yourself, try this site for the basics _http://www.duwgati.com/uk/index.htm

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
panyan said:
if nothing can be done, why are we here?
:-rofl2

Not to hack UK pay TV. There are many other aspects to the satellite hobby, getting pay channels for free is not the be all and end of it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes Robbo is quite correct - there are far more aspects to the hobby than getting free pay tv.

For example Im far more interested in getting the most out of my mainly second hand equipment, seeing if I can get new satellites on it, and looking out for new channels that have launched (fta or pay) on the sats I have access to. Im also interested in the satellites that carry the actual transmissions - theres a lifetime of study just in these two areas - if I only I had time to do it :)

panyan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAMSUNG LE32A455
My Location
LONDON
oh right, i am understanding this a little better, paid freeview is so crappy that nobody bothers to crack the encryption.

If there is no development, i doubt i will be here too long considering i only have one tv...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
panyan said:
oh right, i am understanding this a little better, paid freeview is so crappy that nobody bothers to crack the encryption.

That's about it... :)

If you look back at OnDigital (later becoming ITV Digital), that WAS a service people wanted to get for free as there was a lot of content that at the time was only available on sky and cable, which was one of it's downfalls, and with it being terrestrial based it was more accessible by the average joe, so people wanted it and in the end, it collapsed due to over investment in sports and people not paying for the service!!! But, TUTV since their migration to their Anytime box has become pathetic and just a waste of time to even bother with, it is a shame though as at one point it was a great service for those with IDTVs, but once channels started closing it just became pointless... :)