Noob need help!

Grant91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stuff
My Location
UK
Hey

Been reading for a while but im still pretty clueless. I understand what i need but what that stuff actually does i another story.

I think im best listing what i hope to achieve first

Im basically after Discovery HD, i cannot afford sky so i am looking into getting the premier channel in Germany. Some of the programs are in english so this could work for me. Im also after HD channels and i understand i can access more this way than with sky.

This is what i plan on getting

90cm dish motorised
pace reciever (the one on ebay)
Trex card
Vbox - I don't even know what it does

What i really don't understand i how i will access the channels. Will my receiver control the dish and point it to different satellites?

Im planning on getting it fitted so that part is sorted.

What HD channel's will i be able to access from the Merseyside area?

Any other advice you can give me is greatly apprciated. Or even links to better products.

Im 15 also so my budget isn't sky high.

Thanks

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
The Pace receiver's are for Sky TV and no good for what you need.
You need something like a Humax HD receiver and I think they cost around £280.
And I don't know why you need a V-Box or a T Rex card, and the receiver controls the motor/dish so that the correct satellite is targeted.
You could also save some money by not getting a motor yet and just have your dish pointing at one satellite.

I think you might be better served at the moment by using the "Search" button and having a look round for what you need. :)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Hi
When set up correctly the motor will move the dish to the satellite that you select in your receiver.
When linking to fleabay it is best to link direct to the goods that you are posting about, people cannot be bothered to search through all that is on offer.
A "V" box would be needed to move an actuator type motor set up.
If you use something like the Moteck SG2100A motor, it will drive your dish via the co=axial lead from the receiver.
90cm dish at your location should get you lots of satellites as long as you have a clear line of sight to them, no buildings/trees in the way.
I do not know about the pace receiver but Technomates seem to be the favourite at present.
PR

PS Rob types faster than me

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Technomate don't do a HD receiver yet.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I think Grant91 is referring to the Pace DS810XE HD receiver. I may be wrong, but I don't think the TRex CAM works well with this STB unless the software has been updated to include this in the list of CAMS that are compatible with it.

As Rob says, the Humax HDCI2000 would be a suitable alternative ( I would say that :-rofl2 ) and will take TRex/Dragon or Diablo CAMS.

Prem*ere HD Discovery only has the German audio, but the HD film channel by that provider has an English soundtrack (mostly).

Other HD channels, some clear, can be found here -

_http://en.kingofsat.net/hdtv.php

Llew

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Sorry chaps, I missed the HD bit, I'll get my coat:)
PR

Grant91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stuff
My Location
UK
Thanks for the advice guys !!! Atleast that's one less thing to buy.