North American FTA "BlackBird" any over here?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
North american. Blackbird FTA receiver
My Location
Canada
I'm in Canada, and I have a few FTA (free-to-air) receivers called "BlackBird or Silverbird". The units have ST-1000 and ST-2000 models, and were the original FTA STB receivers in North America designed for DishNetwork(provider) piracy/FTA.

All our FTA Receivers have had new firmware written for Nagra2. All but a few, like the BlackBird. The BlackBird has the option for PAL display, and I have heard rumors of European BlackBirds, but I'm wondering if there is any.

The BlackBird uses/used firmware named PFF, and version of PFF5.1 PFF5.PFF6 PFF7.0, all designed for North American Nagra 1 decryption. They have been cloned, and some FTA's are using other models firmware to decrypt Nagra2. Some have tried firmware from Models, Digiwave, Coship, and a few to work with the BlackBird but have not succeeded.

If anyone knows anything about these receivers in Europe please let me know. I'll attach some pictures. Most BlackBirds have macronix 29LV160 tsop, STi5518 and 299 in tuner Like the Coship.

blackbird.gif
st2000.gif

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup
hp7800---perfect arion-1700 clone receiver! +

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

infinity usb+cas interface 2+matrix reloaded
My Location
china
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canada
Thanks rockchang, I've seen this list before, but I found the BlackBird in the Ariza section this time. The Ariza has just released Nagra 2 patches for their recievers, but not the BlackBird for whatever reason I'm not sure.

you can check the blacklist section

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "Blacklist" section, could you explain?

Thanks again for your help.

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup
hp7800---perfect arion-1700 clone receiver! +

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

infinity usb+cas interface 2+matrix reloaded
My Location
china
hi, Nookie_Monster

this morning i have just seen some of ur threads on AL7BAR, hoho....;)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canada
Ya, I spend too much time there. I guess I'm a little ignorant since I've never been to the European forums before, and think those here never use the NA forums. Honestly I'm confused as to what you use a coolsat, pansat or fortec for in China. Again, I'm a little ignorant. lol

I've learned that the BlackBird (B:cool: was made by Ariza, and then dropped due to the clone market. Their clone kill aka Time-bomb fiasco was too much for the BB market and most have moved on. There are quite a few of us trying to test BB N2 solutions, but without any real success yet.

Ariza cyclone 400/500, Silverbullet enforcer (SBE), Digiwave all use modified versions of the same firmware, yet due to the Bootsection the files are not interchangeable (I believe).

I was given this reply regarding an Ariza & BB connection.
Ariza made the original ST 1000/ST2000 receivers & the MS100/MAX2000/MAX2500 (Digiwave) The MAX2000 had different firmware available to it. There were others that came into the market after Ariza tried to control the BB and treated people poorly.
Ariza released the clone kill code for the BB. The HPD Group (china) released several Anti-Clone kill patches to keep the ST1000's alive.
The NA BB market died because of Ariza's actions toward the consumer.
Now we have the Ariza 700 and 750cx models, Pansat Feature-type Receivers (PFR)
One of the plants that produced the ST1000 clones is now manufacturing the Digiwave.
Thanks again for your help. Does anyone else know about these units in Europe? I know the European coders are some of the best in the business, and if any of you are looking for a job, BB N2 patches are of value. Its in C++.