mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
I live in the London area and would like to receive channels from Norway (NRK etc).
I understand that they broadcast on the Thor satellite but I am not sure what equipment I need to pick up the broadcasts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Mulls74, go HERE and look for the channels you wish to receive, then you can see which beam they are on. I've had a look and the channels you mention are on the Eastern Europe beam and will require possibly a 1.2 metre dish from London for trouble free reception, the Nordic beam channels can be received with a 60cm, as can the Nordic 2 beam.

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
Thanks, that's very helpful. Is there any specific equipment that you can recommend?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As of this morning, any of the channels which are encrypted will require a receiver with a Conax CAM (conditional access module) and an Original Providers Smart Card, things may however change.

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
yea from 10 am key 20 started and 21 is only being used by the bbc channels

thats why ive moved my dish from 1 west to 5 east...baz

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
Update gone to 30 west its much better!!!!
got myself a diseqC h-h superjack motor (i bet you cant guess what im doing tomorrow )

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, can't guess.........Go on, give us a clue Baz. ;)

Wouldn't involve a day out in the rain would it by any chance. :D

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
Rolfw .... u total git!!!!!!!

lovley sunny weather (been in the garden takin pics of the cat and the nextdoors kid on her trampoline)
went to do the dish cos the hairdresser is about to land and just mannaged to tie 2 lengths of cord in the garden from the sat dish post to 1 west (central point 22 degrees) and 30 west (16 degrees elevation) and just managet to get the 2nd drawing pin in the fence and what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES you got it its pi55ing down...... LOL
have u got a crystall ball or a voodoo sat dish and ya stickin pins in it and pouring water on it????

never mind i have had worse weather !!!!!

I once had my missus sticking a hair dryer out of out toilet window on a extention cord as i was 3 stories up setting up a 1.2 meter dish with a 36volt 12 inch motor arm and she was thawing my hands out cos they were sticking to the metal work cos it was -20 degrees...... baz

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, no crystal ball, just that its England and its a bank holiday weekend, the result is normally rain. :D

Its stopped down south now, so hopefully it won't last too long there, best of luck :)

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
yea m8 operation dish water is a go!!!!!
sun is out yet again :-)